Yesterday was Jackson's first soccer practice. He was very excited. When we pulled up to the Y, there were kids playing outside that were part of the after-school program. They were mostly elementary and middle school age but Jackson thought they were his teammates and he walked right up in the middle of them. We eventually found his coach and headed to the right field. It was very windy and out by the Y there is no wind block so it was pretty cold. I think Jackson was the youngest and smallest kid on his team. It seemed like all the other parents had done this before and already intimidated me. One dad even complained that there was too much standing around during practice-this was the first practice and they are 4/5 year-olds! Jackson was loving it. He kept running aroud smiling. He played goalie for one of their drills and I don't think he had a clue what to do, but he was happy. He kicked to the goal one time and the girl playing goalie caught it, but Jackson still said, "Score!" I didn't take any pictures because no one else had their camera out and I felt silly getting mine out- like I said, I was a little intimidated. I'll definitely get some at the game though.
Jackson scored $15 during the Easter egg hunt and decided he wanted a Hot Wheels track. So yesterday we headed to Wal-Mart and he picked out his track and paid for it by himself. He was so proud walking out of there was his track in his bag. Ellie got a surprise yesterday too, but she didn't think it was that fun. We ordered a bike helmet for her so she can ride in a bike seat on the back of our bikes. I was trying it on her to make sure it fit and she was not a happy girl.

Jackson scored $15 during the Easter egg hunt and decided he wanted a Hot Wheels track. So yesterday we headed to Wal-Mart and he picked out his track and paid for it by himself. He was so proud walking out of there was his track in his bag. Ellie got a surprise yesterday too, but she didn't think it was that fun. We ordered a bike helmet for her so she can ride in a bike seat on the back of our bikes. I was trying it on her to make sure it fit and she was not a happy girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment