Like Father, Like Son
This week has been Lutheran Schools Week, so Jackson's school has had different activities including "Spirit Days" where they get to dress up. Tuesday was pajama day but Jackson protested. I thought he would be excited to wear his Thomas pjs to school, but he kept saying that he wanted to wear his "day clothes." No fun for this boy. Andrew made a deal with him that he could go to the office with him Monday night if he would wear his pjs on Tuesday, so Jackson agreed. Jackson still put up a fight on Tuesday, but reluctantly went to school in his pjs. He just kept saying, "I don't want it to be pajama day." As we walked in the door I noticed a sign up that had the Spirit Days listed and they had switched them around. Tuesday was no longer Pajama Day, it was Backwards Day. We walked into the classroom and all but one girl had on regular clothes. The teachers switched the girls pjs so they were backwards- I guess her mom didn't get the updated memo either. So before Jackson could freak out, I took him into the bathroom and I had extra clothes in his backpack. We switched out clothes and he was soooo excited. I asked him if he wanted to wear them backwards and he very adamantly said no. This all reminded me so much of Andrew. I could see him acting the same way when he was little. Yesterday was Sports Day and today was Cowboy Day, so we were pretty safe on those.
Today Ellie and I put together our first Easter Tree. Jackson and I went out behind our house yesterday and cut down a few branches. We almost got it done without Jackson getting in the mud, but he fell in it as he was coming back to the house. So we brought the branches home and painted them white. And today Ellie and I decorated the tree. Here is a picture of her helping and then our two lovely kids by the tree. They both have colds and Jackson didn't sleep that long last night ( he was laying with Andrew on the couch and he came into the bedroom at 11:15 saying, "Mom there's nothing to do."), so they are both kind of miserable. Tomorrow night we are staying at the Depot Inn, so it should be a lot of fun with both of them coughing all the time. 
Just another funny thing- someone came by today to finish putting in the utility sink in the garage and Jackson asked, "Is it a super duper cool sink Mom?" And I told him it was. Then he said, "Well great!"
No comments:
Post a Comment