Soccer Time
Yes- that is right. We signed Jackson up for soccer today. We were just talking about it the other day and I looked up info on the Y's website and learned that we only had one more day to register. Ellie and I went today and signed him up. It will be an interesting six weeks. We should find out his team on Monday and he will probably have his first practice next week. His first game is March 29, but we'll have to miss it because Sara has a shower in St. Louis. He'll still have five more games which I imagine will be enough for Jackson. I imagine he will be very excited some days and then other days he won't feel like participating. So we'll see. Andrew is ready to get a soccer ball and set up some sort of goal. I don't know anything about soccer, but it was one of the few sports Andrew got to play when he was younger. It will be fun to see him teach Jackson. Up next will be t-ball. I guess this is just the beginning. Yesterday was another decent day and Andrew was just in the office all day, so he joined us after lunch to play outside. He put Jackson's tractor up on one of the mounds of dirt in our backyard. Jackson thought it looked like fun, but once he got up on the tractor, he wasn't so sure. He made it down a couple of times, but then he just wanted to drive around. Ellie just liked exploring. But anytime she would start to wander off and we would yell at her to come back, she would just shrug her shoulders and keep walking. It is actually pretty funny, but maybe a sign of a stubborn little girl.

Today Jackson and I decorated Easter eggs. I'll have to say I did most of the work though. I cleaned out six eggs(which is enough-about makes me pass out) and he thought it was really gross watching me blow the inside of the eggs out. We had a "magic crayon" that Jackson used a little bit to mark the eggs before we dyed them. He got bored of that quickly though. The dye we had was in little pouches and you would put the egg in a small bag, squeeze a few drops of color from the pouches and then roll the egg around in the bag. I told Jackson he had to be very gentle so the egg wouldn't break. Well that was no fun, so he only ended up coloring one. He just directed me from then on.

I have included a video of Ellie at the Depot Inn. Lissy took it for me and I just never got around to adding it. It is pretty funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment