Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Busy Easter Weekend

Our holiday weekend started early with Amanda, Carson, and Sara coming in on Wednesday. Granny and Papa also brought Easter baskets by for Ellie and Jackson so they got to enjoy some chocolate a little early. They both are big fans. Jackson even asked me if I've ever tried it before. Lissy, Andy, and Briley came in on Thursday. Everyone else showed up on Friday. It was a lot of fun having everyone in town. It was nice getting to hang out and catch up with everyone. On Saturday we had a baby shower for Sara at our house. It was my first time playing hostess in the new house and I think everything went well. It was kind of choatic- we had probably around 30 adults and 13 kids. It is crazy to think that Easter weekend last year we had a shower for Amanda, Autumn, and Heidi and all four of their kids were here for Sara's shower-so much fun. It is also fun to see Sara experience all of this. She only has less than two months! Saturday evening brought the coveted Easter egg hunt. I love that we still have this tradition. The bad mouthing starts well before the hunt as to who is going to find the golden egg. This year we let the little kids go first then it was on to the adults. Andrew doesn't participate as he is in charge of the cameras while I'm on the hunt. I have to say I had a pretty disappointing showing this year. Sara found the golden egg- has to provide for that baby. Andy came away the overall winner. But beware everyone-I'm coming back strong next year.

After the hunt, we had Sara's birthday dinner. She celebrated her birthday on Easter this year-the only time it will ever happen in her lifetime. Ellie really enjoyed the cake as you will see in the pictures. The next day brought Easter. Jackson was so excited. He got up at 6:30-he never gets up that early. I heard him running up and down the stairs and he came into the bedroom and flipped on the light to show me the new Thomas train that the Easter bunny brought him. Then he brought everything else down. After checking out the Easter baskets, we went to church with Andrew's family and then had lunch at my parents. Then it was time for everyone to head out. I guess the next time we'll be together is when Sara and Ryan have their baby! Below are a few slideshows. I had so many pictures from the weekend, I decided to divide them up.

And last but not least- Happy Easter to everyone. Amidst all the family and fun, the real celebration has to be remembered-Jesus sacrificed for us and this sacrifice has given us new life. We are so blessed.








No comments: