Friday, September 19, 2008
Soccer, a Brutal Sport?
Well, we had our first sport's injury this evening. Jackson had his first soccer practice tonight and the kids were just kicking the ball around and playing before practice got started. Jackson was already making new friends and was really excited about starting up soccer again. His coach is actually one of Zane's friends. Ellie and I were getting situated with our chairs when I heard some crying and a couple parents ran over to one of the soccer goals. It had flipped over (they are smaller for the little kids) and Jackson and another boy were underneath. So I ran over and they lifted the boy off Jackson and there he was crying with a nice sized gash over his eyebrow and blood running down his face. Thankfully one of the parents was a paramedic and had some gauze and tape in his truck and he fixed us up. I called my dad and he was taking Molly to the football game, so he ran by to look at it and it was determined that we needed to go to his office to get some stitches. Jackson did so great. Of course he cried when it first happened, but once they got the gauze taped on and the blood cleaned off (he kept saying he "was tired of this") he just sat on my lap and waited for my dad to show up. Ellie just sat and watched and provided her water bottle to help wash the blood off. Andrew met us at the office, along with my mom to provide distraction for Ellie during the numbing process. Jackson got upset when my dad asked him to lay down and Andrew and I had to hold him down while my dad numbed it, but once that part was done he ws great. He actually wanted to go back to practice. My dad put four stitches in and we were all good. Ellie passed the time by finishing off a few suckers. We then rushed off to the McDonald's drive-thru because Andrew and Jackson had a camping date. We gathered everything when we got home and they ate on the road. Ellie was very upset when they left, she wanted to go too. Mahybe next time. Jackson has a game tomorrow and he wants to go-what a brave boy. Overall, I was very impressed by how Jackson handled all of it. I have a few pictures of it all, but Andrew took the camera for the camping trip, so I'll post them later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment