Well as it says, we finally got our new bed today after some confusion. I ordered the bed (headboard & footboard) about 7 weeks ago. They said it would take 4-5 weeks to come in and after that time passed I called the store to see if by chance it came in and they forgot to let me know. The owner finally called back to give me some bad news-it had been discontinued. He said there had been a note on his desk the week before but he had been out of town. He said he was sorry and that when I had the time to come and see if I could find something else. I was pretty frustrated. How come it takes someone 7 weeks to figure out a product has been discontinued-I think they could have told me that in the first couple of weeks. I went in the next day and actually found one in the store that I really liked, but it was more expensive than the one we had already ordered (yes, I had already paid for the bed that had been discontinued). Andrew told me to go ahead and get it even though he wasn't that keen on it. So I paid for it yesterday and they delivered it today. Part of what really frustrated me was that no one really tried to do anything to show they were sorry about the inconvience of all of it. Oh well, we have our bed now and I love it. I am still having trouble deciding on which bedding to go with. This was another problem with not getting the bed on time-I have to return the bedding I don't want in a week. So Amanda told me to put some pictures on and see what people think.



A funny story from this week... Our neighbor from across the street, Colin, came over to see if Jackson wanted to play. He had his bike helmet on, so Jackson wanted me to get his "shiny helmet" for him to wear. I avoided this at first and sent him on his way. It really is a goofy looking helmet. So we were all outside (our family, the LaBeths, and Kirsten and her mom Sharon) and the kids were riding around on their bikes and scooter and Jackson still wanted his helmet. After ignoring him, he got it himself. He proceeded to ride the scooter around, fall down on purpose, and then bump his head against the concrete on purpose. The other parents couldn't believe he was doing this, but I could since he used to do it last year with the tricycle. Tiffany just told me yesterday that she still thinks of him hitting his head and it makes her laugh. I didn't have my camera, so there are no pictures. But there would have been some good ones of everyone. There was a stream of water running down the street (when will we ever get several days without rain) and all the kids managed to end up in it. Jackson fell in towards the end of the evening and Ellie's shoes, socks, and pant legs were soaking. Gracie fell in it several times and ended up in just her shirt and underwear after several changes of clothes. Addie fell in it and went in to change and came out in shorts and a tank top. It was probably 60 degrees out, but she said she wasn't cold. It was an entertaining evening, but the kids had fun.
1 comment:
I would go with the red and white.
Andy.
Post a Comment