Sunday, March 7, 2010

Kids are Weird & Gross

*Warning-there is a lot of talk about gross bodily functions in this post*
Well I thought Ellie was done with being sick, but I was wrong. We are not quite sure what was/is wrong with her but I'm guessing she just had a little virus (and maybe a sensitive stomach). Monday and Tuesday she had a little bit of diarrhea and then Andrew called me early Wednesday morning to let me know that Ellie had thrown up sometime during the middle of the night but he cleaned her up a bit, changed her and put her in her sleeping bag by the bathroom. He didn't wake me up at all because he knew I was tired because I had hurt my back that day and it took me awhile to finally fall asleep. So I go upstairs to find Ellie on the toilet. I try to clean her up a bit and stick her in the shower and start working on cleaning the carpet from her getting sick the night before. Andrew was actually out at the ranch putting hay out for his cows so he couldn't take Jackson to school to me. So I call my mom as I'm getting Ellie out of the shower to see if someone can take Jackson to school and Ellie has more diarrhea on the floor. So it is more cleaning and back into the shower. After several doses of immodium, some applesauce and bananas she was much better. I still kept her in her room though with the DVD player. I had invited a friend and her kids over to play the night before so I had to cancel that and we were supposed to take my car in to get it looked at but thankfully they just sent someone over to pick the car up. So I spent my day cleaning the carpet, the bathrooms and doing laundry. Ellie seemed fine the rest of the day and night but then Thursday morning she came downstairs with just her pajama top on saying there was green stuff in her bed. She said she yelled for Daddy during the night but he didn't hear her. So I guess at some point she vomited in her bed and just fell back to sleep. Again she seemed okay and my dad said it was okay to just keep doing stuff so we did our Thursday routine of tumbling, Little K and small group. Then Friday night we had Andrew's family in for dinner. After dinner I served a yummy dessert (at least I really liked it) hot fudge pudding cake with ice cream. Well Ellie had two bowls of ice cream and loved it all. The next morning, Andrew went back out to take care of the cows and I got up to take a shower (and clean it) before Lincoln got up. So after the shower I head out to the family room to clean up a bit and again Ellie comes downstairs with just her pajama top trying to get the wet wipes out of the case. I headed upstairs but I was not prepared for what I encountered when I entered the bathroom. First the smell and then the sight of poop what seemed like everywhere. Her pullup was in the sink and there was poop all over the inside of the sink, on the floor, and the toilet. And bonus-the toilet was clogged. I sent Andrew a picture and I think he was very happy to be out at the ranch. I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and I think in the end, the bathroom was the cleanest it has been since we moved in (and I keep it pretty clean) because I bleached every surface multiple times. So it has been a crazy week and I've decided the Ellie can't have ice cream for awhile.
So now some pictures. Jackson's school celebrated Lutherans School Week this past week and they had "spirit days" to dress up for. One day was Cowboy Day so Andrew took him and Ellie to get some cowboy boots since they had grown out of theirs. Ellie's were pink on the top and Jackson's were blue on the top.

Does anyone recognize this shirt.It was one of Andrew's favorite shirts for Jackson. This next picture is funny because it makes me think of Ellie calling herself the "crazy sister." Another funny thing she said this week was when we were riding in the car and she was laughing at Lincoln for some reason and said, "Lincoln, you crack me out."And here is another funny thing Ellie said. I didn't hear it but Andrew did and he emailed the conversation to me. It occured after Ellie saw something on TV that she wanted for her birthday.

E-I want that for my birthday; J-Ellie, your birthday is really far away. E-I know. Really far away by Iowa.

Saturday night we watched Night at the Museum II in honor of some of my family being out in Washington DC. Lissy is posting about it on her blog so check it out. Then we popped some popcorn and watched "Up." The kids also got to sleep in the family room that night, so they were pretty excited.

And finally, I went to Wal-Mart tonight to get a few things for the week and Andrew sent me a couple emails of what the kids were doing. I remind you, I said they are weird. They were watching Nacho Libre, a usual at our house, and Andrew sent me a message saying Jackson and Ellie just spent a couple of minutes touching Nacho's armpit hair and nipple hair on the TV. For some reason they just now thought it was pretty funny. Then Andrew sent me this picture of Ellie and the pjs she put on.They are pretty good at not matching their pajamas. I said something to Jackson about it one time and he said that he only matches on Christmas Eve.

Jackson has spring break this week and I have a few little things planned to keep them busy but the one he is looking forward to the most is a trip to Columbia on Thursday to go to Chuck E Cheese. Oh we are so excited.

No comments: