Sunday, February 28, 2010

As I am typing this, Jackson and Ellie have decided they want to have a dance party and are rocking it out in the family room. They like to watch their reflection in the french doors-oh the memories. Just before this, they had some wrestle time with Andrew, so hopefully they get worn out. Andrew is currently trying to learn Italian online. (Random interruption-the kids are now dancing to "Switch" which was Jackson's favorite song to dance to when he was around 1-2) Back to Andrew and his Italian, I just keep hearing random words and it took me awhile to figure out what was going on. He brought his globe out after dinner and was talking about going to Italy again and Ellie determined that we are taking her to Italy when she turns 5. Another cute thing Ellie did was during prayer before dinner. She likes to pray for us now and she said, "Thank you God for my mommy and daddy. They are the best sister and brother ever."
Ellie started tumbling this week. She was so excited she couldn't take a nap. I let her get her leotard on before nap time and it was just too much. So we picked up Jackson from school and came home to feed Lincoln. Then we headed to the YMCA and learned the class was in one of the racquetball courts and parents had to wait out in the hallway. I really wanted to be able to watch her a little more and it would have been more convenient to be able to lay Lincoln down to play, but oh well.
So half-way through I packed up Jackson and Lincoln and took Jackson to K-Life. Our friend Amanda had her daughter in the class too so she has offered to watch Ellie while I run Jackson over. Class was over around five and we came home, ate dinner and started getting ready for small group. Then Friday we had a couple kids over from our small group because their parents were moving into their new house just at the end of our street in the neighborhood that backs up to ours. Ellie and Kate played dress up and helped me make some cookies while Zach played with Hot Wheels and tried to master one of Jackson's V-motion games.

Friday night we headed to the Truschinger's for Abby's birthday party. Andrew headed out after lunch to give his cows some more hay and ended up having some problems, so he had to meet us there later. We got Abby a Snow White dress up set and Ellie and Lincoln helped me wrap it.
I think Abby liked it because she tried to put it on right away over the dress up clothes she already had on. We had a nice dinner and cupcakes and had a good time.

Saturday morning I had planned to head out to Hy-Vee early and get stuff for dinner because we had invited Andrew's family in but we got a call that Mary was sick. I headed out anyways because we needed a few things and I had to get some work from the office (and Andrew was home which hardly ever happens on a Saturday morning!). Then once I got home I convinced Andrew to do my workout video with me. As we were getting everything prepared, Ellie started complaining of her stomach hurting. She ended up vomiting a few times and had some stomach issues. But she was feeling much better by the middle of the day. I still put her up in her room with the DVD player and a trail of towels leading to the bathroom. But Andrew and I did get our workout in and it was pretty entertaining. The time passed much quicker with him there asking, "Why is she doing this to me?" I don't know if I will get him to do it again. The rest of Saturday was just spent hanging out and getting some work done.

So this past week this guy turned 7 months.

I love the fuzzy hair he gets after rolling around (I guess he needs that special shampoo-right Andy?).
Last night I was laying on the floor and he pulled up on me. He stretched his arms out on my belly and stood up on his legs. We can't get him to sit (Andrew says it's because he has such a small bottom) but he can pull up a little and then he climbed on over me. Here is a cute video of his version of crawling.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute, quite a handsome redhead, he reminds me of a little wooly worm crawling,, just can't believe he has gotten to this age so quickly, so much fun to read your blog, guess no baby at the Early home as yet let us know. Carol A