Wednesday we finally got out and played. The kids have really loved the swing set and the crew finished putting in our basketball hoop which we were excited about. Here is a cute story from the day- Addie and Jackson were playing and I had come inside to lay Ellie down for her nap. I was on the phone with Amanda and watching Jackson and Addie play in the backyard. She kept wanting to hold his hand and dance around. They made it up on the swing set and I saw Addie plant one on Jackson. I thought maybe I just saw it wrong, but then she did it again. Jackson just kind of acted like nothing was going on and they moved on. When Jackson came inside, I asked him about if Addie kissed him and he got this goofy grin on his face and denied it. He finally confessed that she was wanting to play princess-like fairytales. It said it was "annoying." It was pretty funny.
Thursday, we ended up being at Wal-Mart at the same time as Mary and Lauren, so we transferred car seats in the parking lot and the kids all headed out to the ranch. I think they had a pretty good time because they got to play in the mud at one of the ponds. They came home in the afternoon and Lauren got to spend a couple hours with us while Mary took a friend to the doctor. They were everywhere having a great time.
Then we were off to Jackson's t-ball game. It was actually kind of chilly. The Farwell Law Firm ended up with purple shirts this time around. Jackson did a good job-he had good hits on his first swing all three times he was up to bat. The fielding was pretty funny. They would all run after the ball and dog pile each other to try to get it.
Right as the game was finishing up, my dad called and said they were taking a walk around the schools and noticed all the kids playing ball across the street and then realized they had totally forgotten about Jackson's game. So they walked over real quick to tell the kids hi before we headed home.
Friday I decided to let the kids give Andrew their Father's Day present to him early since he was in need of what they were giving him- new ball caps. I ordered him two different ones in case he didn't like one of them. We surprised him when he came home from lunch and they came out with the caps on. Just in case you were wondering, he went with the red one.
We had Andrew's family in for dinner Friday evening. Annie and Lauren were still in town and David and his girlfriend, Kristin, also joined us. We had a yummy dinner and then it was a great evening to relax out back. Again, the kids had a great time playing and by the end, Jackson had become the monster and would chase the girls around. They would hold hands and run around screaming. Ashlyn enjoyed watching it all and I know she can't wait to be able to run around and play with them.
The weekend starts tomorrow and we don't have much planned. Andrew is actually working his calves tomorrow so it will be a busy day for him. I'm guessing the weekend for me will involve some wedding stuff and the pool- not too bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment