Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Circus Comes to Town

Actually, the real circus came to town yesterday but my poor kids had a no-fun mom that didn't take them. They didn't know about it anyway. But today, Jackson was part of his own circus at school. His class put on the show and the rest of the school came to watch along with family and friends. They even had popcorn and cotton candy. Granny, Grandma, and Caroline came to catch Jackson in action. Andrew was able to make it for a little bit, but had to leave before Jackson's part came up. He was a strong man and they wore the muscled super hero outfits underneath their clothes so it looked like they had big muscles (Jackson didn't much help since his muscles are already so big). His cohort was Corbin Sampson-they were pretty serious. The show included all sorts of cats and their trainer, showgirls, clowns, a magician and his disappearing monkey, and the most awesome strong men.
Ellie really enjoyed the show-especially the popcorn and cotton candy.

I didn't get the best pictures of Jackson because the lighting was bad and I was trying to get video at the same time. Where is that event photographer when I need her? :)


At the end of the show they sang a song about Jesus and the animals (I think) and Jackson actually sang the whole thing and did the motions!


And after all that hard work he needed some snacks.



Now we are off to find some shoes for Jackson for the wedding and then we have to get the house and snacks ready for our bible study tonight. Then it is time to start getting everything ready for our last weekend on the road. I have some food to make for the bachelorette party and Jackson has to of course get his suitcase all packed up. He has had a pretty exciting week. On Monday, Galloways delivered the slide, climbing wall, swingset kit, and all the lumber we need to build the swing set. I don't think Jackson even realized we were getting one put in, so he was very excited. He kept saying, "This is the best day of my life. This is so awesome." So hopefully we get it put in pretty soon. Another exciting thing for Jackson is that he gets to spend the day at kindgergarten tomorrow. I think the thing he is most excited about is bringing his lunch. In fact we already have the lunchbox setting out with his drink, cheese nips, and apple in it. I told him we had to hold off on the sandwich until tonight or tomorrow morning.
****I have been trying to get a video posted, but so far it is not working out. I'll have to try again another time.****

No comments: