Thursday, March 5, 2009
All Work, No Play
I just wanted to do a quick post. We haven't been doing much around here because we've been sick. Jackson had strep and then some sort of rash and I've had a sore throat the whole week along with being tired, stiff neck, headaches, and just general achiness. Ellie just had a little cold and thankfully Andrew has been well and has been able to take care of all of us. Only his secretary is now out with shingles. It seems like everyone is sick. So we have been laying low. The exciting part of our week is that we got our new washer and dryer delivered today. I told Andrew it gave me a little bit of an adrenaline rush but now I'm feeling pretty worn out again. Jackson and Ellie think they are really cool. But here is the main reason for doing this post- a couple guys delivered the washer and dryer and also installed them. I had to leave part way through to pick up Jackson at school. When we got back, one of the men (a big, tall black guy) was out with the delivery truck getting the dryer ready to be brought in the house. Jackson wanted to stay outside (it is actually 71 degrees here right now!) and ride his scooter for a little bit. So the guys got everything in and installed and were having me sign some papers and the black guy said, "I have to apologize ma'am, because your son told me, 'If you talk less and work more, then you'll get more done.' So I guess I shouldn't be talking so much." I told him I was so sorry and he laughed and said he had kids so he understands. When I told Andrew, he said Jackson doesn't realize how intimidated he should be sometimes- he probably weighs as much as one of the guy's arms. I asked Jackson about it later and he just agreed with what he said-they would get more done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment