This weekend we headed to St. Louis to see Playhouse Disney Live. We left Friday afternoon after Andrew got back from the ranch and met up with everyone at Sara and Ryan's house. Lissy was lucky enough to be our hostess that night. She said she would take the kids and sleep in the family room. She was on the couch and she blew up an air mattress for Jackson and Ellie was in her packnplay. First order of business was to check out Lissy's fish. One of of sucker fish was floating vertically in the tank and it was soon determined that it was dead. I wish I had gotten the whole episode of her getting rid of the fish on tape, because it was quite a sight. Lissy had trouble getting the fish into the net because it was hard and she started screaming and then the kids started screaming. Then they all ran to the bathroom screaming to flush it down the toilet and it wouldn't flush. She tried another time with no success and then Andrew told her to pour a cup of water in the toilet when she flushed it the next time-screaming was still going on. Ellie had a fear of that toilet after all that. After that was done and pjs were on, Jackson and Ellie were ready for a snack but were a bit disappointed in Lissy's selection. They were satisfied though when the found some popcorn and white chocolate chips. It took awhile for everyone to settle down and they probably fell asleep around midnight. I don't think anyone had a good night's sleep. Of course Andrew was snoring and I finally went to lay down with Jackson early in the morning but then he woke up and proceeded to wake everyone else up. So we got up and got ready. Later that day we got to see my friend Monica and her kids. Jackson is always very excited to go to their house. The kids had a good time playing together and it was good to catch up with Monica. We didn't get to stay too long because then we were off to the show. The show was good and I think the kids would have enjoyed it more if they weren't so tired. They were excited to see all the characters and we gave in and got them the light up toys and cotton candy. My parents had the pleasure of going with us and they tried hard to get the kids involved. Jackson has told my thank you several times since we went and said that he liked it. Next up was dinner at Sara and Ryan's. Our family friends, Mark and Cheryl, came to eat and we all had a good time visiting. We were then supposed to meet my friend Heidi and her family at a place called Monkey Joes. It had a bunch of inflatable toys that the kids would have probably really enjoyed, but Heidi's kids were sick and ended up not being able to come. So we decided not to go either because our kids were exhausted. So Andrew decided we should just head home. So we drove home and got into Kirksville around 11:30. Everyone was exhausted. Then Jackson woke up today with a fever. So he has been quarantied to his room for most of the day. One time when he tried to come downstairs he ended up vomiting. Luckily it was only once, but the fever has stuck around. Poor kids looks pretty miserable. I guess no school tomorrow. I have been trying to keep Ellie away, so we'll see if she ends up with it. Instead she woke up with a runny nose at full force again. Oh the joy of sick kids. Earlier this week I had to run to Memphis to pick up a court document for Andrew because he was in court all day and this document needed to be sent next day to St. Louis. So I packed up the kids and off we went. Jackson started complaining of his stomach hurting and luckily I had a Wal-Mart sack in the car and he ended up vomiting in it. He had very good aim. We were still driving at this point because I had to get to Memphis before lunch time or else they would all be at lunch. So I had Jackson throw the bag out the window. I really didn't want a bag of vomit sitting around in the car and there aren't many places to stop on the way to Memphis. On the way home, I got Jackson's bag of extra clothes out of his school bag to have handy in case something else happened. And wouldn't you know, he felt sick again. So I hurriedly emptied the bag of clothes and again Jackson had good aim. Just as soon as he was finished, he threw it out the window before I could even say anything and we ended up with vomit smeared across the outside window. It was a great trip. Jackson has always had problems with car sickness- no fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment