Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Summer is Here. . . And Gone

So here it is the end of May and we finally got to hang out by the pool. After some cool weather, a nice down pour Saturday/Saturday night, a lot of mud running into the street again, and a cloudy Sunday morning, we made it to my parents pool and the sun came out. I even got a little sunburn. I thought Ellie was maybe going to like it because she has had fun just splashing around in it a little, but then I put the floaties on and they made her pretty mad. Therefore she was not happy about getting in the pool. Maybe next time we will make sure to have Jackson wear his and she may be better about putting hers on. Ellie did enjoy the snow cones Molly made. Jackson was better this year about getting in the water. He still is not that crazy about it. We bought a lobster float earlier this year at WalMart with the promise that he had to ride it. After a little coaxing, he finally did ride it and decided it was a lot of fun. Too bad he put a hole in it yesterday after running over it with his trike. Hopefully nothing a little duct tape can't fix. Jackson also started jumping off the side of the pool. Again, after some coaxing. So, we'll have to see what this summer will bring. They both love playing on the steps of the pool, they are just not crazy about getting in further. We also got a visit from my cousin Niki and her new little boy, Chase. Chase and Bella were born less than a week apart. He is such a little cutie. It was a nice day hanging out with family by the pool, but we'll have to wait on the pool again as our high today is supposed to be 61 with a chance of rain through out the day. Tomorrow isn't much better. And maybe someday, it will dry out again so we can continue with getting our yard and patio put in.

One last note, Ellie has never liked watching TV. It may catch her attention for 5 seconds, but then she is off again. She never really sits down. Well, Jackson had Charlotte's Web in the other day and Ellie sat on the floor and watched it for about 5 minutes. I was in shock. I wanted to take a picture, but I didn't want to move and distract her. So the next day I decided to put in some Baby Einstein while I cleaned up the house. She did watch if for a little bit, but not for very long. I tried to take a picture, but she would always look at me and then she would get up and head off to find something else to do. I'm just trying to prep her for our 16 hour trip down to Florida in July. It would certainly make the time go by quieter if she liked to watch some movies.


No comments: