Andrew went out this morning before church to clean up trash from our yard before they come to grade it. Jackson and Ellie decided to follow-in their pjs. Addie even came over to play for a little bit. I just had to document it. This week, Jackson has been playing with a girl from down the street, Kirsten. She is a sweet little girl who is a little bit of a tomboy. Her mom called the other day to see if Jackson could play and then today they came down on her Barbie Jeep and they ended up going back to her house to play because she has fruit snacks and Geotrax trains. Her mom, Sharon, said that Kirsten tried to give Jackson a hug and he kind of backed away. Sharon told her daughter, "Maybe Jackson doesn 't want a hug." Jackson told her, "That's okay, I love her. She can hug me." What a ladies man. As much as Jackson does like playing with his girl friends, I did notice at the Sparks that he ventured toward playing with the boys a little more. He even got embarrassed when I told him to get off of a retaining wall in front of some of the older boys.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Learning to Share
We were at home this weekend, but if proved to be a little busy. Saturday morning, Andrew took Jackson and Ellie out to his parents. I think they had a lot of fun playing with bubbles, playing with the animals, and just running around. They got home just in time to clean up and head out to Jeff Sparks party for graduation from med school. There were several kids there, including the LaBeths, so Jackson and Ellie had a great time playing. Then it was time to head home and get dinner ready. We had Andy, Autumn, Briley, Caroline, and Jared over. We had a nice dinner and visit, except it was a little warm. It got up into the lower 80s today and we don't have our air conditioners hooked up yet. Our HVAC guy didn't want to do it until it got warmer and this warmer day kind of snuck up on us. By the end of the day, Ellie was a little tired and cranky. She was up earlier than usual and she didn't get a nap (she is used to a 3 hour one). She was about ready to have a melt down after dinner, so I let her have her paci and bunny. Well Briley has the same bunny, so she thought she would just take Ellie's. But Ellie was having nothing to do with it. So I finally brought out Ellie's backup bunny for Briley, but Ellie thought she needed both of them. We are still working on the sharing thing. Here is a little video and pictures from the battle.


Andrew went out this morning before church to clean up trash from our yard before they come to grade it. Jackson and Ellie decided to follow-in their pjs. Addie even came over to play for a little bit. I just had to document it. This week, Jackson has been playing with a girl from down the street, Kirsten. She is a sweet little girl who is a little bit of a tomboy. Her mom called the other day to see if Jackson could play and then today they came down on her Barbie Jeep and they ended up going back to her house to play because she has fruit snacks and Geotrax trains. Her mom, Sharon, said that Kirsten tried to give Jackson a hug and he kind of backed away. Sharon told her daughter, "Maybe Jackson doesn 't want a hug." Jackson told her, "That's okay, I love her. She can hug me." What a ladies man. As much as Jackson does like playing with his girl friends, I did notice at the Sparks that he ventured toward playing with the boys a little more. He even got embarrassed when I told him to get off of a retaining wall in front of some of the older boys.
Andrew went out this morning before church to clean up trash from our yard before they come to grade it. Jackson and Ellie decided to follow-in their pjs. Addie even came over to play for a little bit. I just had to document it. This week, Jackson has been playing with a girl from down the street, Kirsten. She is a sweet little girl who is a little bit of a tomboy. Her mom called the other day to see if Jackson could play and then today they came down on her Barbie Jeep and they ended up going back to her house to play because she has fruit snacks and Geotrax trains. Her mom, Sharon, said that Kirsten tried to give Jackson a hug and he kind of backed away. Sharon told her daughter, "Maybe Jackson doesn 't want a hug." Jackson told her, "That's okay, I love her. She can hug me." What a ladies man. As much as Jackson does like playing with his girl friends, I did notice at the Sparks that he ventured toward playing with the boys a little more. He even got embarrassed when I told him to get off of a retaining wall in front of some of the older boys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment