So I didn't get around to blogging last week and I can't remember much of what when on except that Sara and Ryan and family came to town that weekend. I didn't get a single picture though. Sara and Ryan had a wedding on Saturday. The weather was nasty though-cold and rainy. It was great to get to catch up with them though and see Bella and Brady.
So on to this week which was pretty full. Jackson and Ellie had dentists appointments on Monday and passed with flying colors. Lincoln was interested in all of it and wanted to explore the office. Tuesday Lincoln and I went to a MOMS Club play date at the YMCA and then we were back at the Y that night for Jackson's soccer practice. Then on Wednesday, Jackson had career day at school. They were supposed to dress up as what they wanted to be when they grew up. He decided on a cowboy because his dad did that a little and he didn't have to go out to the ranch that much. Meaning he didn't have to go to work that often so it sounded good to him. But he changed to a soccer player after soccer practice because he wants to play in the World Cup when he gets older. That afternoon Ellie had dance class and then we had small group that night. Ellie sometimes gets a little tired waiting to go to dance.

In the midst of all our activities I decided to do a little crafting. I made a new Halloween banner for our front door that I'll have to get a picture of sometime. It was pretty easy and I am pleased with how it turned out. And then I also saw this idea online on how to make your own "apothecary" jars for really cheap. I made six of them and the talls ones cost just $2 while the other ones cost $3. The bases are candlestick holders from the Dollar Tree and the tops are vases from the Dollar Tree and Wal-Mart. They are glued together with white Gorilla Glue and I laid photo albums on top of them to weight them down while the glue dried. Super easy. I already have two of them filled with candy corn for Halloween decorations. I need to get pictures of them too.

Jackson had a busy Thursday. He had Little K after school and then from there we went out to the Mother-Son Stampede. We have a group in town that sponsors different events like this including a Daddy-Daughter Dance in the spring. It is a great idea. You park at Truman Farms and then they take you to the location on a hay ride. They had different activities set up for the boys including an obstacle course, archery, roping, and shooting range (totally supervised) with BB guns. They also had hot dogs and s'mores. We had a great time. Leah took a picture of Jackson and I that I'll have to get from her later. We also paid to have one taken when we got there but when we picked it up it was pretty blurry so I didn't even attempt to scan onto here.


This is Jackson with his friends Zach and Isaac.

And the picture quickly turned to this. I saw a lot of this going on with so many boys there.

Trying out the archery.

Friday was a very busy day but it started off relaxing because I had my hair highlighted and cut. I only get it done 2-3 times a year, so it is a treat. Then I got lunch for the kids, ate, back home for Lincoln's nap and then our friend Fiona came over to stay with him while Ellie and I went to Molly's pep rally. I thought it would be best if he could get his full nap in since we had a busy day. (I know several people have heard me say this, but Andrew and I are now old enought that they are reusing our theme for Homecoming from when we were seniors) We left around 1:30 and besides a quick stop back home to pick up Lincoln, we were gone until 8:45. Here is Ellie waiting for Grandma and Papa outside the high school.

It is so hard to believe that Molly is graduating. We probably won't go to another pep rally until Jackson and Molly are in school! Having lived in town, I have been going to pep rallys for a long time. Molly's friend Chloe won Homecoming Queen and Ellie was very excited. She kept trying to wave at her and she wanted to find the right time to say, "Way to go Chloe!" We actually saw Chloe at my parents today and Ellie was star struck. Chloe had her crown in her car so she brought it in to show to Ellie.

Molly's performance was great and she looked like she was having a lot of fun. These are the seniors.

After the pep rally we picked up Jackson from school, ran by home to get Lincoln, picked up Andrew at his office and headed to the parade. The weather was perfect, especially compared to last year's parade. I have pictures of the kids in the winter coats, hats and gloves.

Our Miss Molly

The kids were very excited about the candy. Addi and Gracie got to help their dad hand out frisbees for Heritage House.

After the parade we headed straight to Truman's football field for Bulldog Buddies. They used to do this for every home game but this is the first one they have done this year. They evening before the game, some of the players go through different drills with the kids. They had about 6 different stations set up but we only got through three before we had to head out.

Lincoln loving on his dad.

Lincoln and Alex had their matching Tiger shirts on. They loved playing on the field.


After a quick soup dinner at my parents' house we headed over to the game. We stayed through half time and got to watch the band and dance team perform. The cheerleaders performed before the game and we just missed it because I didn't realize how early they were performing.

Lincoln has quickly learned the real reason the kids like going to the games-Papa gets them snacks!

Andrew went out to the ranch Saturday morning and got back just in time to head to Jackson's soccer game. It was freezing because there was a strong cold wind.

Then after the game we headed to Red Barn. We didn't look at much because Andrew wasn't too excited about it. Our main reason for going was to stop by Kathy's booth that she was doing with her sister. Kathy was selling her bows and flip flops while her sister was selling embroidery items. Saturday evening we had a weenie roast. It was supposed to be last week, but it go rained out. We also had a s'mores bar with different types of chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers.

We were supposed to have quite a group, but since it had to be rescheduled about 20 people couldn't make it. But we had a great time with those who could and we were very happy they were able to make it. We were even able to spend some time getting to know some of our newest neighbors that live down the street, the Davises. They have a little boy who is a couple months younger than Lincoln.





Yes, they are as onery as they look.

Lincoln loves shoes and he walked in my shoes from the family room to our bathroom.

And we got a text at about 6:15 this morning informing us that Matthew and Kristin had their baby early in the morning. They welcomed Luke Matthew into the world a little after 1 this morning. I think Kristin's contractions were around 10 minutes apart when they left for the hospital and quickly progressed to under 5 minutes by the time they got into town. There wasn't much time for anything and thankfully her doctor was already there for another patient. We got to stop by and see them before church this morning and he is a sweetie. Everyone is doing well but we kept our visit short because Kristin was having to share a room. She missed being on the new ob floor by one day-it opens tomorrow. CONGRATULATIONS Matthew, Kristin and Ashlyn!
So now it is time to get to bed so we are ready for this next week. Not as busy as last week but our October calendar is getting full.
No comments:
Post a Comment