We had a few fun things to do this week. On Wednesday night I got to go out with three other moms for dinner without kids. I hardly ever get to do this so it was really nice. Then Thursday we had a BBQ for our small group and we also had some of our neighbors over. It started raining about the time it was supposed to start so we had to move it inside. It got a little crazy with all the kids running around, especially when I thought they would be able to expend their energy outside. It was fun getting to hang out with everyone. Then Friday night we had Lissy over for dinner and for some reason she thinks my kids are pretty entertaining. Saturday morning was an early one for all of us. Andrew and Jackson headed out before 5 to go turkey hunting. This was the first year I didn't get a picture of them before they went out but Andrew did send me one from his phone. He said he was raising a new generation of turkey hunters. Jackson was playing video games and eating Pringles while Andrew studied his Italian.

Then Ellie, Lincoln and I along with Molly headed to Kansas City for Briley's 3rd birthday party. Her birthday is actually today so Happy Birthday Miss Briley. They had a Minnie Mouse party and Autumn made some really cute decorations and party hats. Before the party the girls did a little dancing and they learned the motions to "Fins" by Jimmy Buffet and Andy swung them around a little.

Briley got a Barbie Jeep for her birthday which is always fun.

Aren't they a cute couple?

Baylor got a party hat too.

We headed home that evening in the rain. We went to church this morning and then we had Andrew's family over for lunch. We just ordered some Napoli's and brought it home. Mary had been over in Europe for a missions trip and just some personal travel so we got to talk about that a little. Lincoln was pretty tired and fought sleep al through church but he did finally fall asleep on Mary after lunch.

We went to my parents for some Mexican for dinner before Lissy left. Then on the way home we stopped by the office to do a little work and I decided it would be a nice night for a movie. So I reserved Alvin and the Chipmunks at the Redbox at Walgreens and it took much longer to get it than I thought it would. We had to wait for several other people and then when I finally got my turn the machine was having problems. So I ended up having to go to another redbox and thankfully they had it. Before we picked up the movie I told the kids I had a surprise for them and I told them when we got home they had to clean the playroom and keep an eye on Lincoln while I worked out, then we had to do quick baths and then they would get the surprise. Ellie then said, "So we have to clean, then take baths and then we get to go to Italy!" Not quite.
Here are a few other highlights from the week
- I put a wireless speaker upstairs to play music for the kids in the morning. One morning I had it on "Party in the USA" on when I woke up Ellie and as soon as she heard it she started shaking her shoulders and dancing-she didn't even have her eyes open. Then the next time she just started singing it.
- Jackson went to a music concert at the park and I asked him if he got to dance. He told me he just did some "foot moves."
- One day after picking up Jackson from school, he told me that a girl in his class liked him. He said, "She cuddled with me during story time." Any time he talks about girls like this he acts like he is a little embarrassed about it.
- I have a pair of jeans that are maybe not quite for moms because they have sparkles on the pockets and the only reason I got them was because they were on clearance at Wal-Mart and they actually fit pretty well. Well Ellie noticed the sparkles and loved them. She told me my jeans were beautiful.
- My back has been bothering me a little and I got desperate one day and tried to get a massage from Ellie. It didn't really work.
- Lissy did this silhouette for us-I sometimes feel like life is this way.

- Ellie decided she needed to have a tea party with her little brother-he wasn't the most cooperative. But he sure is cute.


No comments:
Post a Comment