The twigs and grass were sprayed with white spraypaint and had glitter on them-kind of hard to tell in this picture.
And here is the food. This is just what I did (my mom did a couple of dips too) and some of the guests brought stuff too so we had a lot of food. I realized now that I forgot to take a picture of the hot chocolate bar but it was cute. We had the hot chocolate and then marshmallows, sprinkles, chopped candy, vanilla syrup and pirouette cookies as stirrers. I made some labels for all the containers and had some fun ribbon on them. Also it was Grace LaBeth's 4th birthday, so I made a sign for one of the cupcakes for her. For appetizers we had fruit and veggies and dip, buffalo chicken dip, "to die for" dip, shrimp, quiches, sausage and cheese wontons, stuffed pizza rolls and the favorite pinapple wrapped in brown sugar bacon. For dessert there were apple streusel bars, chocolate cake cookie sandwiches, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate scotcharoos, and cupcakes with white chocolate snowflakes.
We ended up having around 40 people here including all the kiddos. I have no idea what the kids did but I think they had fun. They went between the basement playing in the playroom, with the video games and doing a little craft I had set out and then they would head upstairs to the bonus room and play on the teeter totter and wrestle around. Jackson ended the night by wrestling two seven-year-olds a boy and a girl. He says he won but I never heard what the other two thought. As far as the adults, I had a couple of games to play but everyone just ended up setting around and talking which is fine by me. I thought it was a succesful night and I hope everyone had a good time. The clean-up was not fun though. I am always reminded of that scene from "Apollo 13" where the wife asks if they can just sell the house instead of clean up after the party. We had several people offer to help and a couple of moms even picked up the basement before they left even though I told them to just leave it and I would get to it sometime this week (if you read this, thank you Sharon and Annie). Andrew and I just put away the food that night. Andrew had to put out some hay for his cows the next morning so I was in charge of clean-up. It was probably two in the afternoon before everything was cleaned and put away. I even put up our Valentine's Day banner and then we returned all the stuff I borrowed from my parents back to their house.
So that is all done and we had a good time. Now it is back to the boring stuff-finish tax stuff, get caught up on office work and try to check things off my to-do list. I signed Ellie up for tumbling today and she is very excited. It starts in a couple of weeks and wouldn't you know, it is on Thursday afternoons. Everything is on Thursday. So now we have to pick up Jackson at 3, tumbling at 4, Little K at 4:30 and small group at 6:30. Should be fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment