Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

The rest of our week this week was spent celebrating Valentine's Day. We spent a couple of days doing our Valentines and then Jackson had his party at school on Thursday. I worked on some treats for everyone.

Lissy came into town on Tuesday and then Sara, Andy, Kaitlin and their families came into town Friday night. Saturday we spent part of the day working on my parents basement. It was my dad's birthday present. I will have to say that the guys did more work than the girls because they would probably be upset if I didn't mention it. But a lot got done-painting the walls, painting cabinets and trimwork and putting up some of the trimwork.


Then we had dinner and some of us went to Andrew's office to check out the new foam insulation that was just installed. While we were there, the kids did a scavenger hunt at my parents that my mom organized. They all had little presents at the end including a family gift of the Wii game "Just Dance." So that is what we did most of the night. It was a lot of fun. People even had fun just watching.

Lissy and Zane did "U Can't Touch This."Then Andy and Dad did "Cotton-Eyed Joe"- very funny.Kaitlin and I got quite a workout with "Pump Up the Jam."

Lissy and Jackson also got in on some "Pump up the Jam" (I got to do "Eye of the Tiger" with Jackson and it was pretty funny).

Nathan (Molly's boyfriend) had to "Womanizer" with Molly.Even Sara got in on the action with Caroline. I can't remember what they did, but they tried to find one that wouldn't cause Sara too much pain. Autumn decided to opt out of the competition since she is due in 5 weeks.The Ellie and Briley did a little "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun."After a little dancing, the kids got in the hot tub. Except for Bella who wasn't feeling very well this weekend and of course Lincoln.

We were going to go to church this morning but Lincoln has not been feeling well and he just couldn't stop coughing this morning. So I got the kids ready and let them open their Valentine's presents. Lincoln was very excited about his shoes.Jackson and Ellie was also excited about heir board games- Sorry and Hungry, Hungry Hippos.Then we spent some time at my parents. Lincoln still was not feeling well and cried for the longest I've even seen him cry. I think he is feeling a little better now and has been sleeping for the past 2 1/2 hours. Jackson doesn't have school tomorrow so we are just being lazy for now.

Here is a video from Friday night. Jackson really wanted to make a dance video. We couldn't figure out why he wanted to dress like he did though.

No comments: