Monday, February 22, 2010

Snow Day

Well Jackson was up at about 6:40 this morning watching Karate Kid and then he kept rewinding it to the competition scene. I also heard a tractor or something outside and found someone plowing our driveway-yes at 6:45am. Andrew had seen the guy working while he drove to work this morning and asked him to come do ours and just paid him right then hoping he would actually do it. It was so worth it. Lincoln was up early too and Ellie was up earlier than expected since she came down to our room several times last night, the last time being 11:30 and I could still hear her moving around in her room close to midnight. So after everyone got ready, we watched a little more Karate Kid and then all practiced the crane kick. It was definitely not as easy as it used to be for me and Andrew even kind of hurt his back trying it.
Jackson got upset a few times today and decided to enforce a calming thing I taught him several weeks ago. I just noticed he would go up to his room and then he came downstairs and told be he went up to his room to calm down and take 10 deep breaths. I had told him before to count to ten and take deep breaths, so he just combined him. He then got an apple and then said, "Would it now be okay if I turned the TV on?" Such a good boy. Not so nice was when I was working out yesterday (it became a family affair with Lincoln taking his bottle down there and Ellie trying to do the workout video with me). Jackson came downstairs to play and said, "So Mom, are you starting to get that fat tummy you got with Lincoln again?" Thanks bud. Jackson spent a lot of the day building things with dominoes while Ellie made quite the creations (and mess) with the play-doh.
Andrew came home a little early tonight and took the kids out for a little bit. It never lasts too long. He tried to construct a little fort for them-it was more of a pit with a slide. Good thing he didn't spend too much time on it as they were only out there maybe 20 minutes if that.
Both came in with cold hands and I served up some chicken noodle soup and some bread from my bread machine. I had never made it before because the kids aren't really into soup and I didn't think Andrew was a fan of chicken noodle but he is. It took a lot of coercing to get the kids to eat it but they finally did. They still don't really like it-oh well.

No comments: