Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Six Months


Well this little guy turned six months a couple of weeks ago. He just had his six month check up today (we are running a little behind with his appointments-I'll blame it on is Papa who had to be out of town for one of his earlier ones and it got us off track). It was yet another snow day for Jackson so all four of us ventured out to Papa's office. We were the only patients there when we first got there. Well Mr. Lincoln is still a little string bean. He only weighs 14lbs 6oz which puts him in the 5th percentile. He is 27 1/2 in. long which puts him in the 90th percentile. Therefore he is below the charts for his height to weight ratio. He has been doing so well eating his baby food I thought for sure he would have gone up the chart on his weight-maybe next time. He got three shots and the other two got candy and we were on our way. We have had so much fun with Lincoln these last six months. He is such a joy and a sweet baby. He has the sweetest smile. But he definitely has a red-headed temper and he can get pretty loud when he is not happy. He is really starting to talk more and he loves to roll around on the floor. He seems to be getting close to crawling, at least the army crawl. He has gotten up on his hands and knees a few times and even likes to get on his hands and tip toes, kind of like a push up position. Molly was able to get a picture with her phone the other night with him on his hands and knees.

Yesterday we received some more snow and Andrew came home early from work to shovel our driveway. I guess he didn't want our neighbors feeling too sorry for me. But Andrew decided it was time for Jackson to help out a bit. He complained a little at first, but he stuck with it.And the advantages to being the younger sister- you get to play with the neighbors while your brother works.

As you can see from the first picture, I took Lincoln out for a little bit. He has been kind of grumpy and I think it is because I can see two little white teeth about to pop through on top. It wasn't too bad for awhile, but then the temperature really started to drop. So we headed out to eat some Mexican since Jackson did such a good job helping out.

And here is one last picture of Jackson's creation at the party the other night. Almost everyone had left by this point except for Matthew, Kristin, and Ashlyn and Kevin and Emily. Kevin was the one who suggested to Jackson that he build this. Jackson was pretty proud.


Oh and I had to add this funny story. We were coming home from Lincoln's appointment this morning and most of the side streets were snow-covered. We pulled into our neighborhood and a little ways down the street are a mom, dad and daughter with their cross-country skis on just going up the road. It was just a very odd sight to me. They weren't on the grass, they were on the road. Jackson said, "Oh man. I didn't know there was a ski place here." And I responded, "There isn't."

No comments: