Wednesday, December 23, 2009

You Better Watch Out

The kids got a surprise visit from Santa today-at Pizza Hut. We headed to Pizza Hut for lunch to use Jackson's Book-it coupon. Lissy met us there along with Kaitlin and Zane who brought Zane's nephew, Spencer. I wish I could have heard all of Jackson and Spencer's conversations because they went on for awhile. Well, towards the end of lunch one of Andrew's clients walked in who Kaitlin determined was Santa Claus. Andrew stopped by his table to talk to him and mentioned something about Jackson thinking he was Santa. He had white hair and a white beard and he was dressed in overalls with a red plaid flannel shirt. And he took it upon himself to stop by our table and talk to the kids. Jackson immediately clammed up and didn't know what to say. I think he is still trying to figure out if it was really Santa or not.
So yesterday was my birthday. I share my birthday with several relatives-my Aunt Betty and two cousins, Karen and Mary, and now with my newest cousin, Harrison Michael Early. My Uncle Shawn (who is just a few years older than me) and his wife Veronica welcomed their first little boy yesterday. So Happy Birthday to everyone and congrats Shawn and Veronica! I had a very nice birthday. Andrew gave me tickets to go see "Mamma Mia" at the Fox in February. I was very excited and also impressed that he came up with this all on his own. My mom made a delicious dinner and a very yummy red velvet cake. I am so blessed! The kids also had a good day because they got to have five friends over to play in the morning and got to hang out at Grandma and Papa's the rest of the day. The day before was Jackson's last day of school and that night we broke out he gingerbread houses. I have to say that I'm not sure this will be a tradition. I even got the houses that were already put together. The icing was hard for the kids to work with and Ellie spilled her bowl of little candy balls that rolled around everywhere and took a while to pick up.
Lincoln just got to watch from the couch.Tonight I plan on letting the kids open a couple presents-the ones they are giving to each other. And then tomorrow we will head to Andrew's parents for part of the day and then go to church with them. Then we get a little break before we have to get ready and head to Midnight Mass. I'm excited for all the festivities to begin!

No comments: