Thursday, December 24, 2009

So last night we decided to provide the entertainment at my parents house by having our kids open some of their presents. We usually do our family gift exchange on the 23rd by we have had to change it to after Christmas dinner the past couple of years. So I brought over the gifts the kids got each other and their Christmas pjs and slippers. I also brought over a couple presents for Andrew including the annual tie he gets to wear to Midnight Mass and what I thought was a new coat. But when he opened it up it ended up being the canvases I got for him to put in his new office of some pictures Lissy had taken at the ranch. The boxes were pretty similar in size-oh well. He really liked his pictures and I gave him his coat when we got home and he liked it too. It looks pretty sharp on him.

Jackson opened the motorcycle that Ellie had picked out for him and he loved it. Then Ellie opened her gift that was from Lincoln and it was a microphone that she thinks is pretty awesome. They are both playing with their gifts as I type this. And Jackson picked out a little toy for Lincoln that spins around and even though Lincoln can’t play with it on his own yet he still likes to watch it when other people spin it.

Jackson also gave out his gifts that he bought at his school “store”. I got some lovely red Christmas light earrings which I currently have on. Andrew got some shaving cream. Ellie got some makeup and her face was all shiny by the end of the night. Then Lincoln got a snowman bell ornament that was pink and said “Baby’s 1st Christmas 2008.” Jackson was so excited to give out his gifts.
My parents gave out Christmas pjs to those of us that were there and I had them open one of their gifts. It is called a wall grip and they are vinyl cutouts of the beach picture that they can stick on the wall-they can even be taken off the wall and put in a new location.

These last couple things are just kind of funny. I brought over a little craft for the kids to work on and of course Jackson had to try sticking the pipe cleaners in his nose. Then there is a video of Ellie singing her favorite song. You can’t really hear her over the music, but she was singing.


We are just kind of relaxing now (well I have been doing some laundry, cleaning and organizing everything for what our activities the rest of the day) and will head out to Andrew’s parents soon. I just hope the weather holds out and doesn’t get as bad as they say it is going to be.

No comments: