Sunday, November 22, 2009

Getting Geared Up for the Holidays

Let's see, where to start. I'll go with Thursday-a busy day for us. I picked up Jackson from school, got home and did his homework, then fed Lincoln. Then when we were done with that we had to take Jackson to Little K. Then our problem is he has to be picked up at 5:30, but you have to be there around 5:15 because the cars start lining up for pick-up. We also have small group at our house at 6:30, so I don't really feel like cooking dinner and trying to get it all cleaned up before people start showing up. So we usually order out. This time it was McDonalds. But we have to pick it up before we pick up Jackson so we have time to get home, eat, and get everything ready for small group. And Andrew was out hunting, so he wasn't able to help with all of this. So we have a little time after we get home from taking Jackson before we have to head back out to get the food and go wait in line to pick him up. So Thursdays can be a little crazy. When we picked up Jackson from Little K he had a medal around his neck. He won it for being the "Best Rester" during the talk. It was actually a basketball medal and they put a piece of tape on the back that said "I Rest the Best". The next day, Jackson went down to play with Kirsten and when I went to get him, Sharon, Kirsten's mom, said that Jackson showed her the medal and said he got it for winning at basketball. I guess he thought "Best Rester" wasn't as cool. So next up he wanted to take a picture with his medal and a basketball. At this point it was dark, so we went out Saturday and played a little ball while the others napped. Then he had me take a couple pictures and a video and wanted me to put them all together. He was very specific about how he posed for the pictures too. Here is one of them.

I didn't put the video on here, but I am trying to upload it to another site, so we'll see if that works.

Saturday night, I took Jackson and Ellie to see the high school's musical "Wizard of Oz". Andrew got home from hunting just in time to watch Lincoln. Molly was in it as one of the Munchkin Mamas and an Ozian. She did a great job. I can see her doing another musical. Auntie Heather (Molly's friend) was also in it. I think Ellie really liked, but was a little scared of the Wicked Witch. We went with my parents and they made sure we had good seats right by the aisle a lot of the characters walked down. Jackson reminded me a lot of Andrew. He was interested in it a little, but there were several times when he would say, "This is boring!"

Then Sunday we put up Christmas decorations (Andrew was hunting yet again so he missed out on all the fun :)). I wanted to have them up for Ellie's birthday party on Friday, but I didn't want to have to take the time to do it this week while family was in town. We still have a few things to go up after the party including our tree. Jackson and Ellie really wanted to help but it was hard finding jobs for them. We have two nativity sets, so I let them unwrap all the pieces. Jackson helped me put the garland up. He also helped me put the Christmas china up-a little nervewracking, but he did a good job. One of the cutest things he said today (besides when he told me I was the best mom ever-melt my heart) was when I was looking at pictures of the decorations from last year. I take pictures so I can remind myself where I put stuff. There was a picture of our tree last year and Jackson said, "Oh that is so beautiful. Everything is beautiful on Christmas." What a sweetheart. So we got everything up, read a few of the Christmas books that had been in storage, ate dinner, and now Andrew, Jackson, and Ellie are up in the bonus room putting together the Polar Express train .

I also have to tell another funny conversation Jackson and I had on our way to the musical. He said, "Mom, did you know that Phineas and Ferb have seats on the city council?" (Phineas and Ferb are cartoon characters) And then he asked me what it means to have seats. So I explained it to him and he said, "Oh I bet they have seats because they make really great toys."

And here is a picture of Lincoln just because he is so cute. He may be catching up with Ellie in the head department, but he also has a very narrow body.

And a video that I took of trying to catch him rolling over, but he decided to do something else.

And we are glad to report, that after a rough week of not feeling good at all and spending some time in the hospital, Amanda and the twins are doing well. Actually the twins have been great all along, they just have been making their mom feel bad. And also, they think it is a boy and a girl-Colton and Carolina. So cute.

No comments: