Sunday, November 8, 2009

Getting All Fancy

Last week Andrew and I got invited to the Rhapsody in Red Heart Gala that is a fundraiser for the American Heart Association. The women are supposed to wear red dresses and the men wear tuxes or suits with red ties. I was excited to go but a little nervous about finding a red dress. I tried some on at Bridal and Formal but just didn't find one I really liked so I took a chance and ordered one online. I really liked it when it came in and it ended up fitting pretty well too. It could have used a few little alterations, but there was no time. So Friday, Andrew came home early for lunch and I was able to go and get my nails done. It was nice to be pampered a little, but as soon as I got back, Andrew had to leave and it was back to real life of feeding the kids and cleaning the house. We also had to go to the Fall Festival for Jackson's school. They had a great turn out and the kids had a great time (well Lincoln pretty much slept the whole time after a bottle). Lissy had a photography package that was an item for the silent auction and the last time I was able to look at it, it was at $255! Way to go Lis. Here are some pics of the kids playing one of the games. Ellie actually hit on the workers with the bean bag. Oops.
Ellie was very proud of her face paint and tattoo.
After the fall festival, we went by my parents because Kaitlin and Zane came back in town to help my dad close the pool. I was very lucky they came back in town because she was my hair and makeup girl for the gala. I am horrible at that stuff. Maybe that is why my hair always looks the same and I wear very minimal makeup. Kaitlin started working on my hair and then recruited Caroline and Molly to help. Ellie was a little cranky and wasn't liking my hair as they were doing it. Then at one point I look over and see this. She was out.
Eventually they got it all figured out and it turned out really cute. Kaitlin also did a great job with my makeup. I don't think the pictures do it justice- I think I'm just not that photogenic. I even have a picture of Kaitlin trying to show me how to pose for a picture. Andrew was actually out at the ranch all day and I ended up just getting ready at my parents since we were going to have to take the kids there anyways (thank you very much for watching them). So when he came to get me, it was just like the old high school days when he was coming to pick me up for a dance. He even rang the doorbell.
This is real life.
The gala was fun. We sat at a table with Tiffany and Mike (his real estate business bought the tickets for our table so that was really nice of them) and another couple, the Wilsons. The husband is an attorney in town and they were really nice. They had a live and silent auction and a dinner. It was just fun to get all dressed up and have some nice conversation. Andrew even enjoyed it and thought we may need to do it again next year.
And even bigger news, guess who rolled over this past week? No not Andrew. Lincoln! He does it during tummy time when he is really ticked off and would rather be on his back. It takes a little while, but then he surprises himself and does it. I tried to get a video, but of course he wouldn't do it then.

No comments: