Sunday, November 15, 2009

And The Hunting Has Begun

Andrew and Jackson (and sometimes Ellie because she hates to be left out) spent most of this week getting ready for deer hunting. They stocked up on snacks and gear, prepped their gear, and watched hunting videos. Ellie, Lincoln, and I went shopping. Lincoln wasn't very excited about the deal. We went with my mom to Columbia and we came home with my car full. I have been trying to get a lot of Christmas shopping done so I can relax (kind of) and enjoy the holiday season. I am getting close to being done.
Andrew and Jackson were up around 4:30 Saturday morning and Jackson came in to say goodbye. I put the camera by my bed the night before so I could get some pictures without getting out of bed. Jackson was very excited.
He wanted to make sure I got a picture of his backpack-it stuck out about a foot.
They didn't make it back until 7:30 that night and headed out again this morning. It was yucky day and they ended up having to come in a little early because Andrew had to do some last minute work. Ellie and I spent our time watching girl movies-Annie and Dora Christmas, making cookies, and doing some painting and dancing.
I have been putting up some of our Christmas decorations. It started with the outside since we had some nicer weather. Andrew even got in on the deal this time. Then I decided to go ahead and put up the tree in the bonus room. I mainly put it up already because it's purpose is to be seen outside through the windows upstairs and I wanted to have it out of the way. Jackson and Ellie wanted to help me so we turned on some Christmas music and hung a few ornaments on the tree.
And here a few pics of the cute little guy that I have taken with my phone. Amanda and Todd gave him the hat when he was born and it has been put to good use lately.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Was this the same Christmas tree that was up for a long time last year because Andrew never took it down and then you finally had to do it yourself while you were pregnant?