Monday, April 20, 2009

Soccer and Sleepovers

Our weekend started with Jackson's soccer game Saturday morning. It had rained earlier that morning and was overcast with more rain coming, but since we have only been able to have one game so far, they decided to go ahead and play. Sara, Bella, and Lissy were in town and when I called my parents to let everyone know that the game was still on everyone was a little disappointed. Not that they didn't want to see Jackson, but the weather was just yucky. Jackson had team pictures before the game and as we were waiting for our turn, Jackson kept telling everyone that he had worked out the night before after we put him to bed. Jackson also told this to some of the boys on his team and another boy said, "Yeah, I played soccer out in my yard until midnight." And then the other boy said, "I usually don't stay up until midnight." It was pretty cute. When it was time for the team picture, Jackson proceeded to tell all of them that they had to work hard as a team if they wanted the trophy. Sadly Jackson is not aware that there are no trophies given out in the end. My parents made it to part of the game and Sara, Bella, and Lissy made it for the last five minutes and it had started raining by then. They had some good umbrellas though.


We spent the rest of the day just hanging out. Jackson and Ellie got to go to Hy-Vee with Papa and were very excited about that. Lissy also held another impromptu photo session with the kids. Jackson wanted to show off his muscles with his bat and Ellie and Bella had fun together.









We ended up having a sleepover at my parents that night. Jackson is always asking for a sleepover and Ellie and I stayed too because Andrew ended up having some guys over to watch an UFC fight-not exactly my thing. I went by the house to get some clothes and Matthew, Kristin, and Ashlyn were there. I felt bad because I didn't realize they were coming over too, but I had left the kids at my parents' house. I did get to see Ashlyn for a bit though and she was rolling around everywhere and talking.

Sunday we went to church and then I met some old high school friends-Heidi, Nikki, Kelli, and Sarah-at Paglias for lunch. It was great to get to catch up with them and Heidi is in town for the rest of the week so it will be good to get together with her and the kids. When I got home, Ellie was down for a nap and Jackson and Andrew were outside "fishing." It was another cool, overcast day, but they were out back with his fishing rod and he was fishing from his pirate ship. Andrew took some pictures with his phone for me.
That night we put the kids to bed at the same time and they did really well. Ellie has stayed in her bed so far-she was even still up talking at 10:30 last night but never got out of her bed. We did hear some footsteps roaming around up there, so Andrew went up and checked and called me up. Jackson was sitting on his bed, looking at a Thomas book, with his clothes on for the next day. For some reason he thought he would just go ahead and change out of his pjs-he even had an extra pair of underwear on the nightstand in case he wet his bed at night. We eventually got him talked into putting his pjs on again.

No comments: