Well, this post is a couple days late, but we were actually with the birthday girl on her birthday so that she make up for it. Caroline turned 21 on Tuesday and she got to celebrate with her awesome family. Jackson and Ellie made sure she got all of her gifts opened (Carson just kind of observed) and the candles blown out on the cake. Today was Jackson's Halloween party at school. I was helping out and Ellie got to come along with me. All the kids put on their costumes and parade around to the other classes. Ellie didn't want to put on her monkey costume, so we'll have to see how she does tomorrow. I think I'll bribe her with some candy. Jackson was excited to put on his Thomas outfit and Ellie did at least put on her tutu. Each room we went to, Ellie thought she wanted to stay and I'd have to carry her out. Then in Jackson's room, the teacher had them all sit in a circle while they sang songs and read a story. Of course, Ellie sat right in the middle of the circle. She did participate with some of the songs though. On a side note, Jackson is starting to participate with all the songs a little more now. He told me that after we talked about it, he now realizes that the kids are not laughing at him. The rest of the party included some games and other kids parading through Jackson's room. I had to watch Ellie, because she tried to leave with the other classes a couple times. So overall, the party was a success and Jackson is really looking forward to tomorrow night. They got a little treat tonight at my parents. Molly and Jackson got some chocolate cupcakes with bright icing at Hy-Vee today and the kids got some after dinner. They were covered in icing, with their shirts off, playing in the leaves!
A funny little story. . . I was trying to teach Jackson some Halloween songs and I sang the one about the pumpkins on the fence and the witch flying by and taking them home to make pumpkin pie. Jackson said, "That is a sad song Mommy. Pumpkins are nice. Jack-o-lanterns are mean though."



No comments:
Post a Comment