This weekend was Truman's Homecoming and it was a beautiful weekend for it. But before the weekend even got started we finally decided to get a lawnmower. My dad will be so proud because we are now owners of a John Deere. They delivered it Friday evening and Andrew decided he would just go ahead and mow the yard that night. He decided he couldn't mow fast enough with the mulch cover on, so he took it off. But he then he decided to put it back on the next day and go back over everything. The yard looks great. Then Friday night, my good friend Kim and her husband Davis came into town for the homecoming festivities. She was meeting up with some old roommates for her 10 year reunion, but we were lucky enough to have Kim and Davis stay with us. Everyone headed off to bed around 10:30 (which was actually 11:30 their time) but I was still up on the computer when Kim came back down to get her phone and then we ended up talking until about 12:30.
The morning came early because Davis decided to run in a 5K and had to be at registration at 7am. They came back after the race and got ready real quick and ate some cinnamon rolls and then they were gone all day going to everything. Ellie and I headed to Kristin's baby shower. I made the invitations and some decorations which were onsies that I sewed felt animal cutouts on. They turned out cuter than what I thought they would and Kristin got to take them home but I don't know if they will withstand the washing machine. It was a nice shower and I think Kristin and Matthew are close to being set. They are due 6 weeks!
When we got home, Andrew and Jackson were busy putting up our basketball hoop. When we put the water in there were a few leaks, so we need to get some sand. But it was nice to have it up again and we got to shoot around a little. That night we met Kim and Davis and her roommates at Napoli's for dinner. They ended up leaving around 9 this morning after we had our pancake breakfast. Jackson and Ellie loved having them here and took to them right from the start. Before they left, Jackson wanted to put on his Thomas costume to take a picture with Kim. So overall it was a great weekend and it was so nice to get to see them. They live in Georgia right now, so we don't get to see them often enough.
Sara sent our camera back, so I also have some pictures of our visit to St. Louis and Jackson's soccer game.



No comments:
Post a Comment