This is probably the same for the rest of you, but we are really getting cabin fever around here. It seems like once we get done with one winter storm, another is on the way, and the cold just won't let up. Then everyone seems to be getting sick. Ellie hasn't been too bad yet, but the rest of us have had it in one form or another. To add to that, Andrew has been gone since Tuesday afternoon. We all really miss him but he probably won't be home until late tonight because the trial is taking a long time. I've been trying to do fun things with the kids, but even they just give up and just want to watch a movie (Jackson at least, Ellie doesn't care for the TV). We played in the playroom and I tried to dig to the bottom of the toys to bring out ones that they hadn't played with in awhile. They did like to sit at their table and race cars. Then Jackson and I made cookies and finally last night they went "swimming". I put their new suits on them and let them get in our tub. We put bubbles in but they were quickly gone. Our tub has "chromotherapy" which is basically a light that can change colors depending on the mood you want to be in. So we had the lights going and I tried to turn on the bubbles, but Jackson freaked out (we seem to use this word often with Jackson and he has started using it too) so I had to turn them off. Ellie lasted about a 1/2 hour and Jackson went a little longer. Jackson is pretty excited today because Granny just came by to get him. Ellie was sad to see him go but I brought her downstairs to the playroom to distract her. I was getting started on this post and she started crying. I found her in Jackson's popup tent that had tipped over. Once I got her out, I saw she had her ultimate prize- Jackson's Grover and blankie.



No comments:
Post a Comment