Thursday was Cardinal's Opening Game day. Ellie was surprisingly very excited. She went to put her Cardinal's shirt on and came running downstairs to tell me she had her radio on and she heard them say Albert Pujols. She just couldn't believe it, because that is the name she has on her shirt. Jackson and Ellie were both excited to watch the game. It was on after school, but Jackson had Little K. So my parents recorded it and we went to their house for a dinner of ball park hot dogs and brats and watched it later. We also brought along some rice krispie treats with red sprinkles. Sadly the Cards lost, but our little fans were sure cute. But this is the only picture I got.
After spending most of the week working on our blog books (I am making each year of the blog into a book for a keepsake and I only had 2007 done) on Friday, I started finishing up things for Jackson's birthday this weekend. He has his first friend party on Friday and then having family on Saturday after the KLife 3on3 tournament. We are keeping his friend party kind of small and only invited 5 boys over. He is very excited. Later in the evening on Friday we headed over to my parents' house to see Kaitlin, Zane and Owen who came into town for a wedding. Ellie was so excited to be able to hold Owen and even got to help with his bath. Lincoln was just happy to be at Grandma and Papa's house. He now calls my dad Caca-pretty funny. And no, he still doesn't say mommy yet.
After spending most of the week working on our blog books (I am making each year of the blog into a book for a keepsake and I only had 2007 done) on Friday, I started finishing up things for Jackson's birthday this weekend. He has his first friend party on Friday and then having family on Saturday after the KLife 3on3 tournament. We are keeping his friend party kind of small and only invited 5 boys over. He is very excited. Later in the evening on Friday we headed over to my parents' house to see Kaitlin, Zane and Owen who came into town for a wedding. Ellie was so excited to be able to hold Owen and even got to help with his bath. Lincoln was just happy to be at Grandma and Papa's house. He now calls my dad Caca-pretty funny. And no, he still doesn't say mommy yet. Jackson and Ellie headed out to the ranch early Saturday morning. Andrew likes to send me pictures now and then of what they are up to. This was this week's picture-Jackson riding Bob. He is starting to look so big sitting up there. Still makes me nervous though. Ellie told me she got to ride Bob too.
Lincoln and I hung out at home. He actually slept until 10! He was up later the night before because he quickly learned that if he gets up on the couch with Andrew when it is his bedtime, Andrew will let him lay up there with him for a litte while. Andrew just can't resist a little snuggle time. So while he slept I did my Saturday morning routine of deep cleaning all the bathrooms, got some laundry done, made a yummy dessert and decided it would be best after making the dessert to do my workout since I would be eating the dessert later that day and the next day and probably tomorrow too. Mary dropped the kids off around 1, which was just in time for Heidi and her kids to show up. Thankfully it was nice outside, so we headed out to play.
Tyler was so good about playing with Lincoln and Lincoln loved it.
They got to stick around for a couple of hours. It was great to get to talk to Heidi for a while and I love that our kids get to play with each other like we did many years ago. Heidi and I were around Ellie and Brooke's age when we first started dance together. Now that I think about it, that means we have been friends for over 30 years now-how fun. Soon after Heidi left, Leah and her kids showed up with the Gator and Lincoln couldn't resist. He could actually drive the thing. He isn't the best at steering right now, but he is getting the hang of it. At one point in the afternoon, we had the Gator, Ellie's jeep and our neighbor's Escalade and tractor all in the back. I think Lincoln tried each of them out.
I think he was really excited about it because this is what he has been trying to ride at our house. It just doesn't have the same effect.
Lincoln and I hung out at home. He actually slept until 10! He was up later the night before because he quickly learned that if he gets up on the couch with Andrew when it is his bedtime, Andrew will let him lay up there with him for a litte while. Andrew just can't resist a little snuggle time. So while he slept I did my Saturday morning routine of deep cleaning all the bathrooms, got some laundry done, made a yummy dessert and decided it would be best after making the dessert to do my workout since I would be eating the dessert later that day and the next day and probably tomorrow too. Mary dropped the kids off around 1, which was just in time for Heidi and her kids to show up. Thankfully it was nice outside, so we headed out to play.
1 comment:
Has it really been that long! How time flies and hopefully our kids will always know each other also!
Post a Comment