Sunday, March 27, 2011
We started this past week with a dentist appointment for Ellie. My kids still love going to the dentist. In fact, I was able to get Ellie out of bed in the morning by reminding her that she had a dentist appointment that day. She immediately got up and said, "Awesome." Ellie also had another awesome moment at her dance class when she got her costume for her recital. She was more than happy to try it on for me at home. So cute.
And I just had to throw in this cute picture of Lincoln. With the cold coming back, he now thinks he needs to even wear his hat in his house.
Saturday morning Ellie, Lincoln and I headed out with my parents and Molly to Kansas City to celebrate Baylor's 1st birthday. The whole family was able to come which was chaotic, but fun. Andrew and Jackson even came over in time for the party. Autumn did a great job with all the Dr. Suess decorations and carrying the theme through in so many ways. It was all so cute.
Carolina is always well-accessorised.
Baylor had a lot of help opening his presents which was great since he wasn't all that interested. Don't you love his cute Dr. Suess shirt?
Lissy made shirts for all the "babies" They were very cute and she couldn't wait to give them to Brady and the twins even though their birthdays aren't for another month.
The birthday boy getting ready for his cake which he loved. It was hilarious to watch him eat. He couldn't eat it fast enough and got upset when his mom tried to take it away.
Lincoln and Bella played together a little more this time. They were pretty entertaining. Sometimes I forget that they are as close in age as Bella is with Ellie and Briley.
After the party we all headed to the hotel and gave Andy and Autumn a little down time away from us which they enjoyed by cleaning the house and getting everything ready for the brunch for Baylor's baptism the next day. Andrew and Jackson went back to Kirksville after the party so it was Ellie, Lincoln and I in our room. For some reason, no one wanted to join us. They were actually pretty good. There was a soccer tournament in town so the hotel was full of boys running around everywhere (especially right outside our door). I tried not to get too upset because I know my family has been the loud ones before. I wasted some time by letting the kids play in the bath and the noise outside finally died down between 10 and 10:30 and the kids went to sleep and even slept in the next morning so I was able to get ready before they woke up. Amazing. We had some visitors to our room. There was a knock at the door and I opened it to find Colton just sitting on the floor looking up at me. Does Carolina look a little concerned that crazy Ellie is holding her?
Lincoln really liked Colton. He kept patting him on the head and smiling at him. This is Lincoln giving Colton a hug-kind of.
Amanda, Todd and crew headed back to Dallas before the baptism since their drive was longer. The rest of us had a lovely brunch at Andy and Autumn's and then headed to mass with Baylor's baptism following. It was a nice surprise to see some old neighborhood friends, the Sierens, sitting across the aisle from us. Then after the baptism it was time to head home. Both kids slept almost the whole way and Lincoln was so excited to be able to go outside and play with his dad when he got home even though it was freezing outside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment