Monday, July 26, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Lincoln

This last week was spent getting ready for Lincoln's birthday party with a few other things thrown in there. One thing I was excited about was getting my car detailed. I had never had it done before and I still love to get into it and see how clean it is. Jackson went to Tony's birthday party Thursday night and had a good time. And we also found out this week that Annie and Brad are expecting a new little one in March, so CONGRATS you guys. I'm sure Lauren will be a great big sister. So then it was on to the party. I got a lot of things set up Saturday and then got up early Sunday morning to finish up everything. Andrew has been sick with a bad cold so I tried not to bother him too much, but he ended up being a great help in the last little bit before the party making sure everything was in place. So here is the birthday boy telling you "Hi". I made some pennant banners and tissue pom poms for outside. My neck and shoulders were surprisingly sore the next day from hanging all of that stuff.

The centerpieces I made (we went with a vintage cowboy theme) and some of my mom's 4th of July centerpieces that worked well with the theme.

The ever-handy birthday banner, some candy jars, and the party favors for the kids-hobo sacks with treats in them.

The cake-the silver part in the middle was like a belt buckle with his name on it.

Lincoln started getting upset during lunch and wasn't too excited to start opening presents. His siblings and cousins helped him out though and he has loved playing with all of his new toys. I had no idea who gave what so we'll just have to send out a big THANK YOU now. His big present was a plastic slide for outside. He has enjoyed climbing around it right now but hasn't really gotten the hang of using the slide yet.Then it was cake time, again he was not too happy and we thought we would just get it done quickly and get him down for a nap.
My parents gave him his matching birthday hat. It took just a little bit, but then he was in heaven with all the sugary goodness. He was a much happier boy after his cupcake.Briley was excited about her knapsack, but not so much about going home.
We tried to lay low after the party. Andrew and the kids tried to rest while I worked on finishing the cleanup. Thankfully some of them stayed behind after the party to help a little. That night we went to a Worship in the Park for our church. I really enjoyed it and I ended up getting the best picture of the day of Lincoln. Also, while we were there he decided to take three steps. He has been kind of stubborn about walking. He walks around the house all day pushing stuff and is very sturdy but he just plops down on his rear when you try to get him to take a few steps. So maybe he will be walking in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: