Sunday, January 17, 2010

Everyday

We had kind of a full week this week. Tuesday we had a crazy morning. Andrew said I needed to put it on the blog, but just got around to doing it now. Andrew had to be out of town, so he was gone by 7. Jackson got ready and was wanting some cereal and some cartoons on, but I was trying to finish getting ready, get Lincoln and bath and help Ellie finish. In the middle of his complaining I noticed my nose felt like it was running, so I looked in the mirror and I had a bloody nose. So I stuck some tissue up my nose and moved on. I put Lincoln in the tub and he enjoys relaxing in there, so I decided to do Ellie's hair real quick because she was in the bathroom at the time. I also had to keep changing out the tissue in my nose. Just as I finished Ellie's hair I hear Lincoln grunt and I run over and he had pooped in the tub. The kids ran over to check it out and Lincoln got all excited and started kicking it all around. So at this point I still have a bloody nose, Lincoln definitely needs a bath, his tub needs to be cleaned before he gets that bath and we have 15 minutes to get Jackson to school. I got it all taken care of and we got Jackson to school just a couple minutes late (I remembered to pull the tissue out of my nose right before we walked into school). Andrew got a kick out of the story. Tuesday night we had dinner with the Truschingers. Jackson and Ellie were in heaven. Jackson played the Wii the Tony all evening and Ellie and Abby dressed up all night. Andrew and I got to enjoy some good conversation and good food. Then my mom, Ellie, Lincoln and I headed to Columbia on Wednesday to pick up a few things. Ellie asked to go on the carousel at the mall and I sadly realized she had never been on it (or anything like it) before. So I said yes and we went for a little ride. She loved it and was smiling the whole time.

On to Thursday, our busy day. Jackson had a hair cut after school, then Little K, and then we had small group at our house. We have a sweet college couple in our group who both run for Truman's track team and they offered to watch our kids for us if we wanted to go out sometime. The girl was actually a nanny for a family in Denmark and they spent the summer traveling around Europe so I think she has good experience and the kids have already bonded with them. So I think we'll take them up on their offer sometime.

Friday we went out with Andrew's family for Tom's 70th birthday. I assume he doesn't read this, but if he does-Happy Birthday Tom! Then after that we headed over to the LaBeth's for a little get together with them and another family, the Wilsons. Again, the kids had a lot of fun. The Wilsons have a little boy Jackson's age so he likes that. They had some yummy food and it was nice to get to hang out with some adults. Tiffany took some cute pictures of the kids.
This next one is of Addie and Laney-they had accidentally hit heads earlier in the evening so they put the wet cloths on. Then they decided they needed some cucumbers to make it a spa night.

On Saturday, Jackson was supposed to go to Quincy to Going Bonkers with his friend Kirsten for her birthday but sadly Kirsten got an ear ache Friday night and it was postponed. Jackson was disappointed and was asking when her ear ache would "fade away." But he got to go out to the ranch for a little bit on Saturday instead. Then we hung out around the house. I had to catch up on some billing and other work for the office which I still have more to get done. We played a little CandyLand and Hullabaloo. Then it was dinner, baths, and over to my parents for a little Wii. In the end Jackson and Ellie ended staying the night at my parents. So I went over this morning to bring them some clothes and they played there most of the day. Of course Jackson dominated the Wii. He has me play every now and then but then gets frustrated and sends me packing. Ellie tried on all the play clothes. At one point she decided to get her boots and coat on to go outside and see Papa.
Then they got in the hot tub for a little bit with Papa.

No comments: