Wednesday, January 28, 2009
"That's My Pretty Dress"
Kaitlin's wedding dress came in this week so Ellie and I got the pleasure of going with her to try it on. My parents are down in Dallas visiting Amanda, Todd, and Carson, so we had to go and take pictures to send to them. Before we went, I asked Ellie if she wanted to go see Kaitlin try on her pretty dress. She was very excited to go and then she saw our wedding picture and said, "Mommy's pretty dress." Ellie was in love as soon as we walked into the shop. The first thing she went to was a poofy pink dress and said, "My dress." Then Kaitlin came and got into her dress (which was beautiful, but I can't show you here), so Ellie wanted to try on a dress too. I found a flower girl dress that was her size and put her in it. She loved to stand by Kaitlin and have us admire both of them. Then she started exploring. She found some hot pink gloves, a pair of red high heels that she put on by herself, some purses, and even a garter. At one point she started grunting and wouldn't you know it, she went stinky while in the pretty dress. So we had to scoot out of their quickly and she sobbed when we had to take the dress off. After a diaper change, we met Andrew and Jackson and Kaitlin and Caroline at La Fuente for lunch. Mary stopped by to chat and so I was showing her a picture of the dress and our waiter looked over her shoulder to see the picture too. He told Kaitlin it was pretty and then later he asked if he was invited to the wedding. It was cute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment