We had a wonderful Christmas. Christmas Eve we went to church with Andrew's family and then out to his parents to eat dinner and open presents. Jackson got some more Thomas stuff and a tractor among other things. He was very satisfied. Ellie just enjoyed walking everywhere and exploring. We then headed back to my parents to get ready to go to midnight mass in Edina. Ellie and Jackson both stayed awake the whole time. Jackson was very good but Ellie didn't want to sit still. Jackson set out cookies when we got home and as soon as they were both in bed, Andrew was ready to set out presents. Everyone was excited to see Jackson get his Polar Express train, but Jackson had different plans Christmas morning. I heard people get up upstairs, so I was just waiting to here Jackson come out of his room. He finally came downstairs and the first thing he said was, "I want some cereal." I asked if he thought Santa had come to the house and he said, "Yes." Then I asked him if Santa brought presents and he said, "Yes. I want some Honey Bunches of Boats." He repeated this several times so we went upstairs and Andrew got him some cereal. I got Ellie up brought her upstairs and everyone was sitting around waiting for Jackson to eat his cereal. Then after he was done with the cereal he wanted some milk. Finally he was done and ready to go into the living room. Then we opened up the doors and he just kind of stared at the train. Eventually he warmed up to everything and was pretty excited. Overall it was a great Christmas and a great time to reflect on how blessed we really are.



No comments:
Post a Comment