The house construction has been moving very slowly. Just when they were about done hanging the drywall our contractor had the people who were supposed to do the drywall finishing work back out on him. He scrambled around to get someone else to do it and the guy that hung the drywall is trying to do the finishing work on nights and weekends. They are hoping to start painting on Monday, but more than likely it will be several days later. So more than likely we will not be in before Christmas. I have already put up our stockings in my parent's basement as a way to admit that I know that our house won't be ready. The siding is finally done and so is the rock. They have just started on the pillars for the front porch but the weather needs to be a little warmer for the rock part of them. The other part are going to be white columns. Andrew and I love the way the front looks so far and we can't wait to get in now. Our laminate floors came the other day, I've picked out our carpet, and we already have our tile. Our cabinets should be done in a little over a week and I'm pretty excited to see how they turn out. I'm really hoping the inconvenience of working with the Amish (mainly no phone, so you have to drive out there if there is a change, etc) pays off in beautiful cabinets at a lower cost.
Here is the latest picture of our house. It may look kind of weird because I tried to clean it up a little on Microsoft Paint. There is a lot of junk in the driveway and front yard from putting up the stone and tried to edit it out of the picture. I also tried to copy and paste the pillars in from the little bit they had done.
No comments:
Post a Comment