Sunday, May 8, 2011
One Party, Four Birthdays!
This past week we had a barbecue for our small group. It ended up being a great night with beautiful weather. The food was delicious and the company was wonderful. The kids had a great time playing and loved it even more when we just let them carry bags of chips around the yard and eat as they pleased. Some of us adults got in a few games of Knock Out. I was horrible and have decided I really need to practice more. I was a tad embarrassed. Andrew won one round though and we had so much fun we thought we should play a few games before every small group. Leah was kind enough to pick up my camera and take a few pictures for me.








Thursday I spent all day cleaning up the house and getting ready to head down to Bentonville early Friday morning. I also discovered Thursday that the water from our dishwasher accident last week did cause some damage to our basement ceiling. I guess I looked too early before and didn’t really see anything. Thankfully we just have a dropped ceiling down there (we did that instead of dry wall just in case something like this happened) but now we know we probably need to pull up the floor in the kitchen to see what kind of damage there is. But that would have to wait until later because we headed out around 6:15am on Friday. The kids did pretty well except Lincoln probably slept for 15 minutes. We stopped by Cassville first to see Andrew’s Granny B. She lives in the nursing home now, so it was a short visit but it was great to see her. She loved getting hugs from the kids and visiting for a while. But we got there around lunch time and they had her lunch waiting for her. She was sad the visit was so short, so I suggested to Andrew to go sit down with her for lunch and I’d take the kids outside. He stayed a little bit longer, but she had a couple other ladies at her table, so he came on out and let them visit. I tried to get a picture of Andrew and the kids with Granny B but Lincoln wasn’t too thrilled with the idea.
We got into Bentonville around 1:30 and got settled into the hotel and then made our way over to Sara and Ryan’s. Their house was beautiful and the kids got busy playing with their water table. So we just kind of relaxed and let the kids play for a while. Then Andrew decided he wanted to drive around campus, so we headed to Fayetteville. I think they have added quite a bit since he was last there. We drove by the Kappa Sigma house and down Dickson street. The kids weren’t too impressed but I think Andrew enjoyed seeing everything again. The next day we got to go see one of his old college roommates, Miles, and his family. Jackson and Walker were so excited to see each other and Ellie made a new friend in Isabelle. Isabelle is five and they had a lot of fun together. They also have a little boy, Jack, who just turned two. They have a beautiful home and made us a yummy lunch and we had a nice visit. On our way back to Sara and Ryan’s, Andrew decided he wanted to check out a place he used to work in college. He helped a guy break horses and now the land where he had his barn is built up with apartments. But then we headed on to get ready for the big birthday party. They had the party at the pavilion that is part of their subdivision. It also has a basketball court, a sand volleyball court (mainly just used as a big sandbox at the moment) and a great playground, so it was great for the kids. Lincoln got pretty brave with the playground and climbed up to the top and even went down the big slide a couple times by himself and a couple times with Jackson. Sara and Amanda did an awesome job with all the decorations and the whole party was so cute. The little ones with their cakes were hilarious. Colton dove right in, Brady eventually followed and then Carolina finally started eating some and pretty soon just started throwing it everywhere. It made for some good laughs. 











One thing I wish a got a picture of was of Lincoln walking down the street back to the house with my parents with no shirt on, a very messy face and holding a Mickey Mouse sucker and his goodie box. He was in heaven but my mom was a bit embarrassed. Then Jackson was very excited that he was told he could take home the big Mickey Mouse balloon. He walked it back to the house and was so proud. Lissy got a shadow picture of them. 
Sunday morning, Andrew said he was going to fill up the car while I got the kids ready and I guess he went to Target and got my Mother’s Day card. But then he accidentally set a suitcase on my mom’s present as he was loading up the car. It was a book so it didn’t do any damage thankfully. Sara and Ryan provided a great brunch for everyone and then us along with Mickey were on the way home. We did stop in Cassville again to see Granny B on Mother’s Day. I don’t think she remembered us being there a couple days before, but she loved seeing the kids. And Happy Mother’s Day to my mom, Mary and all the other wonderful mothers in our lives. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment