Sunday, February 27, 2011

Beat the Winter Blues

So this past week pretty much consisted of me getting ready for our "Beat the Winter Blues Bash" that we were having on Saturday. I had it all planned out so that I would make some food and get some stuff ready each day during the week so it didn't all pile up on Saturday and it seemed to help. Saturday was still pretty busy, but I did get a chance to just relax for a little bit which was nice.

Ellie got to go to the petting zoo at the high school on Thursday but the part she was most excited about was that she got to ride the school bus for the first time. Also, Lauren has just started going to Faith Lutheran but she goes in the afternoons. She got to go the petting zoo with the morning class and then she got to come hang out at our house until it was time for her to go back to school after lunch. Her and Ellie had a great time playing and I loved listening to their conversations. We got some snow and ice Thursday night which led to yet another snow day for the kids and means that they have to go to school until June 2.

Jackson had his last basketball game on Saturday. Before we left he was sitting on the bottom step playing his DS and Lincoln decided he wanted to sit right by him.
The game was again entertaining. Next up with be the K-Life 3on3 tournament on Jackson's birthday. After the game it was time to start getting ready for the party. My parents and Mollycame a little early to help with the final setup and they brought some dips and some shrimp- thanks so much you guys. We got it all set up just in time. I know some of my family wanted to see pictures so here you go. Sadly I didn't get any pictures during the party. I should have hired an event photographer but she was busy watching some crazy kids down in Arkansas ;-) We had a great time just getting to hang out and talk with everyone and hope everyone else did to.

2 comments:

Household Executive said...

wow. simply amazing! you are such a great hostess!

The Vincent's said...

It was a great party and even more impressive in person! Thanks for a fun night out! :)