Lincoln had his 2 month checkup on Thursday and everything checked out fine. He now weighs 10lb 2oz (25th percentile) and is 24" long (90th percentile). His head is checking in at the 10th percentile so I guess he is not taking after Ellie on that one. He had his first shots and did pretty well with them. Ellie and I also had shots, so we had to strategize how this would all be done best. So I had my flu shot first and then Ellie. She had no idea what was coming. She knew she was going to get a shot, but since Jackson handled it all so well she thought it was going to be nothing. She cried for a little while, but then they took her to get a sucker while Lincoln got three shots. Lincoln was a little cranky the rest of the day, but other than that I think everything went pretty well. Later that day we took Jackson to his first Little K and he loved it. They have tons of kids there. It is crazy to think about how much it has grown since Kirksville K-Life had the first ever Little K probably 10 years ago. Then that night we had our small group at our house. One other couple has two kids close to Jackson and Ellie's age and we put all of them in the basement by themselves. It went suprisingly well. We'll have to see if this continues as we have small group until the summer.
Friday I took Ellie and Lincoln to Molly's pep ralley. Ellie loved it and Lincoln didn't seem bothered by the noise at all. He actually fell asleep during all of it.

Molly is basing the middle of the mount and Heather is flying it. Their squad did a really good job ontheir routine.
Then we picked up Jackson from school and headed to my parents so we could go with them to the parade. The weather was pretty yucky. It was cloudy, cold, and windy. But Jackson and Ellie were very excited to get some candy. It was serious business. Lincoln lasted for just a little bit and then my mom took him back to the car.
Molly was right after the band, but she totally missed us.
After the parade we headed home to warm up a bit and get some dinner and then my parents picked us up to go to the game. I really wanted to stay home at this point as it was even colder and sprinkling a little bit, but I knew the kids would like it. Andrew stayed home with Lincoln and I braved it with the other two. The cheerleaders handed out little megaphones and bells. Jackson and Ellie each got a megaphone and they both kept yelling for the Tigers. They really got into it. We stayed until halftime and watched the band perform and then headed home. Overall, I'm glad we did all of it because the kids really enjoyed it.



Saturday we got to enjoy the wonderful weather again. Jackson had a soccer game. It seems like things are 10 times worst out at the YMCA because it is just an open field with no wind block. Again, Lincoln didn't last too long. He just wanted to get out and stretch and it was hard to keep him bundled up. I actually missed Jackson score another goal while I was trying to keep Lincoln warm. So I took Lincoln back to the car and Ellie joined us. I just laid him down on the back seat and he was much better. We had a couple hours break after the game and then we had a wedding to attend. It was for a couple from our small group and they got married on the lawn beside our church. I was really hoping they would decide to move it inside, but they really wanted it outside and it wasn't raining at the time. We did get a few sprinkles during the ceremony, but it wasn't too bad. At least I had a coat on while the bride was in a strapless gown. It was a sweet ceremony and then we headed to the SUB for the reception. I hadn't been there since they renovated it and it all looks really nice. They had the reception in the Georgian Room and it looked really nice. Part of the floor is now a wood floor that can be used as a dance floor. We didn't stick around long enough for the dance because it was time to get Lincoln home. So now we are taking it pretty easy today except for Andrew. His big trial is in a little over a week, so he is working away.
And one last thing, Amanda and Todd are having twins!!!! They had an ultrasound last week and there are two little babies in there and they are doing well.
No comments:
Post a Comment