Well Ellie finally had her first official hair cut today. She goes in with Jackson every month and she has really wanted her chance to sit in the chair and wear the dog cape. She was so excited. She only had a little over an inch taken off, but I was just hoping to get it somewhat under control. It is probably hard for most people to even tell she got it cut, but I can tell.

After the hair cut, we had to get started on dinner for our neighbors. They just had their little boy last Thursday and he was five weeks early because his mom is having some kidney problems. They already have two other kids who are just 1 & 2. Craziness. In between preparing dinner we had to pick up Jackson from school and then to his dentist appointment. I decided to just take all the kids with me this time. Ellie was very intrigued by all of it. Jackson did well with his appointment and even let them take x-rays this time. He has tried it in the past but it hurt his mouth. I don't blame him because it is always uncomfortable for me too. Well he and the hygienist made a deal last time that they would try it this time and shook on it-she even had it written down in his chart. And so far, Jackson hasn't had any cavities. I know this probably won't last. The only thing that Jackson gets nervous about now is the chair moving up and down. Who would have thought that would be what a kid was nervous about when visiting the dentist? At the end of his appointment, the staff was so nice to let Ellie get up in the chair and act like she was having an appointment. The dentist looked at her teeth and they gave her a toothbrush and toothpast. They were so sweet to do this at the end of the day-I think Jackson was their last appointment. I wish I would have had my camera.
In other news, Jackson decided he needed a hair cut too. His teacher told me yesterday that he cut his hair with some scissors during their art time. It is right up front, but still not too noticeable except from certain angles, which is good because I am having Lissy take some more pictures this weekend.

And Jackson got a new bike this past weekend. I accidentally ran over his bike a while ago and so we decided to make him wait a week or so without a bike to learn that he either has to put it in the garage or the yard. His new one is a little bigger and he loves it. 
We are gearing up for my parent's Halloween party and Lissy made some really cute invitations. On a whim, I decided to make some treat baskets to go with the invitations for some of our neighbors. I made little apple cakes and sugar cookies and found some cute baskets at the dollar store. 

The kids helped me deliver them which leads to another story. The kids answered the door at the LaBeths and their dog Izzy came racing out. Addie comes out in a pretty dress (like Christmas Eve-type dress) and dress shoes to try to get her and about that time a lady comes walking down the street with her dog. Izzy darts off after them barking and this lady just tries to "kick" her away and chases after her trying to get her to leave. This just makes things worse and Addie is running around trying to get her and then the lady starts screaming and running around and stomping her feet. I have no idea what she was saying, but she was crazy. Tiffany headed down to try to help Addie but she was able to get Izzy by herself and she came back to the house with her eyes as wide as saucers. I have never seen anything like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment