Sorry it has been awhile since I've blogged-we have had a busy week and I ended it by getting a little sick. I'll start at the beginning. First thing Monday, I was calling our contractor and lawn guy to try to get something going. It was going to be a good week and I was wanting to get stuff done. I really had my hopes up-hey we have been waiting on all of this to get started since April. Well, it is Saturday and we have our concrete pad in for the kids to play on and that is it. Hopefully our patio will be done by the end of next week and our yard the week after that, just in time to go on vacation. So we'll have to pay someone to water it or else we may have to wait until fall to seed it. Tuesday we went to Columbia with my mom, Molly, and Caroline for Molly's orthodontist appointment and to do some shopping. I got a message while we were gone from Tiffany that one of our friends from our old "neighborhood gang," Missy, was in town with her girls and they were going to hang out together that evening. So we went over there when we got home and then onto Jackson's t-ball game. And just when I was saying that we were hoping to see Lauren soon, she comes to town. Andrew's parents brought her back to Kirksville for the week and so we got to see her on Wednesday. First we went to a cow sale that day and then we went out to eat that night. Lauren got to come over and play for a little while after dinner and the kids had a good time together. Too bad they didn't get to spend more time together though. I guess that will happen down at Gulf Shores in October. Again, Ellie was exposed to the world of learning to share and her newest word, "mine" came out every now and then. So then Wednesday night I started feeling sick and vomited a couple times before getting to bed around 12:30/1:00. Then up again around 5 feeling the same way. I called my dad later that morning and he called me in a script for the nausea. Then he even brought it by (Andrew had to be in court at 8:30 at a town over an hour away) and took the kids to my mom. I tried to get some sleep because I had already set up a "swim date" for Tiffany and Missy's girls to come over to my parent's pool. I had even already made some cupcakes and bought some Popsicles for the event (thankfully this was already done because the thought of food made me sick). So I dragged myself out of bed and headed to my parents. I was feeling a little nauseous, light-headed, dizzy, and tired. But the kids were able to enjoy a little pool time before a storm blew over. So I decided to lay down for a while at my parent's because Ellie was still napping. My dad gave me some more medicine because he diagnosed me as having an inner ear infection and gave me some medicine to help with the dizziness,etc. When I woke up I was feeling a little better and I was able to eat some dinner. Andrew took care of the kids the rest of the day and let me rest. The next day was our big challenge as Jackson had a hair appointment. I told him that if he was good he could get two check marks and if he wore the cape he could get another one and he would have all his check marks and get his prize. He did sooooo well. He sat on the booster stool, he wore the cape, and he sat still most of the time. Everyone was impressed. The chair next to ours was empty so I was even able to sit and enjoy the moment without feeling like I was spinning. Ellie discovered the stylist's stations and found some picks, combs, etc that were fun to play with. Andrew came home early on Friday and he took Jackson to Wal-Mart to pick out his prize. They came back with a Hot Wheels stunt track that is still set up in our family room. Jackson was very excited and he is still excited to start it all over again and get another prize. So that was our week. I am still feeling a little off balance, but it is definitely getting better. I am even feeling better about cooking- I just made some banana cookies and I am going to cook dinner tonight. Thanks to my parents for taking the kids on Thursday and a big thanks to Andrew for letting me rest!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment