Saturday, October 13, 2007

Camp Out

Andrew and Jackson got some fun bonding time Friday night when they went camping together. Jackson was very excited. Andrew has been extremely busy this week and this was just something he threw together at the last minute. So after dinner we gathered up a bunch of stuff to keep Jackson warm and they took off in pursuit of snacks and a tent to borrow (ours is somewhere in our vast storage unit) and that was the last I saw of them until about 2pm today. Jackson was still excited when he came home. They survived on Doritos, peanut butter cups, skittles, and beef sticks and Jackson loved it. Andrew said he also loved gathering sticks for the fire in the dark. He wasn't scared at all about going off by himself with his flashlight to find them. I think he even slept pretty well in his Thomas sleeping bag (a camping essential) and a tent they borrowed from Andrew's parents. Andrew, on the other hand, had a little more trouble. It started raining around 2am, but they stuck it out. So overall I think they had a pretty good time and will try to do it again. Ellie and I enjoyed staying indoors, drinking some hot chocolate, and watching "Music & Lyrics" with Grandma.




No comments: