Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Jackson's First Day of School

Jackson started preschool today. The day didn't start out great because he has a cold and was pretty cranky this morning. He was still very excited to go to school. The teachers said the kids could come if they had a cold, just as long as they didn't have a fever, so I decided to send him. He asked me if his teacher was going to be there and when I told him yes he then said, "So you can go bye-bye?" When we got to school he practically ran into the building on his own. I think he could have cared less if we were there. He got into the room and immediately started playing. Other kids were holding back a little, but not Jackson. I don't think he realized we were still there. When Andrew told him goodbye, he wanted to make sure I was going too. I told him I was then he said, "Good. Thank you." He was saying thank you for leaving him there by himself. Needless to say, neither Andrew nor I got too upset. It wasn't too hard leaving your child at a place where he was so excited. I picked him up 2 1/2 hours later and he wasn't too excited about seeing me or coming home. He was playing outside and wanted to stay. So the first day was a success.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Allison he shouldn't be ready to go to school so soon, how long will he stay each day, they do grow up fast don't they. Jason's school started today as well but he has been into the football pr 2 a days for the last 2 weeks, slight injury last eve, with showing his past receivers how to avoid the oppenent after they catch the pass, needless to say he was in ER about 4 hours getting 14 stitches, however things all work out, We will be having another wedding Kimie got engaged 2 wks ago now, so next fall I think they are looking at, it will be exciting, and the last one, wow, our house is not big enough but it will have to do. Keep up the blogs I enjoy them very much. Aunt Carol