Monday, June 23, 2014

Tuesday was a better day for Ellie and her class.  What has been making it harder is that she doesn’t get to bed until after 10 because we let her stay out until after 9 playing and then she still has to shower.  Next week is her last week and then I am pretty sure she will enjoy sleeping in a bit.  Andrew picked her up for me on his way home for lunch.  While I was getting lunch ready, I let the twins take their trains out back and they played with them for a bit and then ate lunch out there. 

I had plans to take the kids swimming but was also trying to finish up some stuff at home.  I had just a few things to put together for Lincoln’s birthday since we are also using a lot of stuff from Jackson’s party.  I just wanted to get it done even though the party is still over a month away because I know it will sneak up on me.  I was also working on a little thank you “date night” package for our secretary, Aubri.  She is done this Friday and we will really hate to see her leave.  She is training our new secretary, Kelli, and I’m sure she will do a great job too.  Well I got everything designed and printed off but we really needed to leave or else we wouldn’t have time to get a swim in before we had to leave to get ready for Lincoln’s game.

Instead of staying by the twins door while they were napping I thought I would try something different and just went out to the pool to watch the kids for a bit.  I went in once and they weren't asleep so I put them back in bed.  I thought I had the monitor one but I guess it wasn't because when Jackson went into the house, he yelled out that the twins were up.  I went in to find them into my purse with soap in their hair.  Thankfully it was just baby soap but I did notice that the toilet water was sudsy-not a good sign.  So I washed their hair out and then we headed home to get ready for Lincoln's game.  The game went pretty quickly which was nice and then we just let the kids play outside until dark.  We decided to go ahead and put the twins in their new beds so I worked on getting the rails put together.  We had one old set and I put together a new set but one piece was wrong.  So Andrew just duct taped it together which worked for the time being.  He stayed upstairs and kept them in their beds.  It took a little while but they finally went to sleep and stayed that way all night.  While he was working on that, I got online with Amazon and was able to get them to send  me a new rail so I could swap out the part.   Then as I was taking some trash out to the garage I walked by the now dark and empty nursery and my heart just dropped- I did start crying a little.  When I was telling Sara about it the next day she said I had mention that I don't get sad until after the change is over-very true. 
 

Wednesday was a busy day.  I started out the morning with a bike ride actually outside.  It was kidn of odd how much road kill was out on Boundary-and kind of smelly.  I also saw Danielle out riding.  I realized after I passed her the first time who it was and we both figured it out the second time we passed each other.  Andrew took Ellie to school when I got home.  I ended up talking to Sara for a bit after I got ready and then realized we had a very short amount of time to get our grocery shopping done before I had to take Jackson to swim practice.  But we did it-we left the house at 10 and hit up Aldi and Wal-Mart and had Jackson to practice by 10:45.  Jackson was a huge help getting the carts for me and different items that he already knew where they were.  So after we dropped him off, we went by the house to unload the groceries and then on to pick up Ellie.  The twins were a little grumpy and hungry by that point so I was thankful that Andrew offered to pick up Jackson from swim practice so I could just take the rest of the kids home so they could eat lunch.   Then later that afternoon we went to my parents house to swim and were joined by Kathy, Kylee and Haylee.  The older three headed out to the pool with my mom while I worked on getting the twins to nap.  It only took 45 minutes this time which wasn't too bad.  And then they slept the whole time the kids were swimming.  The older ones had a lot of fun and Jackson and Ellie came up with their own "trick".  Ellie starts on Jackson's shoulders and then flips backwards and goes between his legs so Jackson ends up on her shoulders and they do it all again :-). 
 
But then it was time to head home so I could finish laundry and feed the kids before I got to go out ot dinner with Leah and Tiffany.  Tiffany drove and we picked up Leah at the ball park and headed to Sebrees.  We had such a nice, quiet dinner with great conversation that we didn't realize how late it was.  It wasn't until 9:20 that we realized we should probably leave because they closed at nine :-).    Andrew and the kids played football at home while we were gone and then Andrew had the task of getting Miles and Bennett to stay in their beds.  At one point he went in to find Bennett out of bed and Miles getting ready to get out.  So he got onto Bennett and while he was doing that, Miles crawled back into his bed, covered his eyes with his hands and acted like he was snoring.  Such a smart kid. 
 
Thursday morning I had my semi-annual hair cut and color and my mom watched the kids for me.  I picked up Ellie when I was done and we ran by Sonic to get lunch, plus they had 1/2 price shakes all day.  After lunch I let the kids swim for a bit and then we headed home for them to nap.  Miles and Bennett were excited that they got to swim instead of nap.  We got home in time for the kids to clean up the toys out back before a downpour came.  The twins took their first nap up in their beds.  I waited in Ellie's room and just had to go in a few times to make sure they stayed in bed.  Then I got to work on assembling Lincoln's birthday decorations while Ellie played Battleship with Grace. 

 
I rushed around to get dinner going and we ate quickly because Lincoln had a game that night.  Even though it had rained earlier and it was forecasted to start raining again, we never heard anything about the game being canceled.  I had texted Leah but didn't hear back from her, so Andrew took Lincoln while I finished cleaning up dinner and I was going to bring the rest of the kids a little later.  Andrew got there and realized the game had been canceled about the time Leah called me back and said they YMCA was supposed to call to let me know they had canceled the games around 3 that afternoon.  So we got an evening at home and it was kind of nice to be stuck inside for a bit and get stuff done.  I worked on moving the twins' clothes upstairs and Ellie and Lincoln were my helpers.  It was another sad moment seeing that empty closet and remembering filling it up with tiny, little clothes.  My heart hurts just thinking about it now. 
 
So I had been keeping track of stuff up until Friday and now I cannot remember what we did on Friday except Ellie going to her class and Jackson going to swim practice.  My mom said that I will enjoy looking at the blog books later because it becomes harder to remember all of these memories.  I said that I totally understand because I can't even remember what we did a few days ago. I do know that Jackson had a game Friday night.  Andrew took him early and then sent me a text saying that he thought he would be starting pitcher so it was time to kick it into high gear to get there in time to see him.  I called my parents on the way to let him know.  And then I got stuck at an intersection while three older ladies decided they want to walk across the street caddy corner with their walkers-patience :-).  And we did get there in time to see him strike out a hitter and get several more strikes.  Lissy stopped by too on her way into town.  But then walked several players so they decided to pull him out.  He was kind of disappointed that they didn't give him more of a chance though.  The rest of the game went okay and his team one.  Miles and Bennett were pretty ornery though plus we were right by the road so you had to keep a constant eye on them to make sure they didn't end up out in the parking lot.





 
After the game Jackson and Andrew headed home, but the rest of us went to my parent's house so the kids could swim for a bit.  We did showers over there and then headed home for bed.  Andrew took Jackson and Lincoln to the ranch the next morning.  Jackson helped Andrew move some of his cattle (Jackson was excited when Andrew paid him a bit for his help when they got home) while Ellie helped me work the K-Life fireworks tent.  She was very excited that I let her go into Hy-Vee by herself and buy a couple donuts for us.  We were there from 9-12 and it did get a little toasty.  She did a pretty good job though and even learned to run the cash register.  I think we had six sales, so we weren't too busy at all.  Mikail came over again to watch the twins and I think they kept her busy.  After Ellie and I were done with our shift we did some quick grocery shopping to get a few things for dinner that night.  We ended up having Aubri and Jonathan over for dinner since they were leaving for St. Louis in a few days. 
 
So that evening Aubri and Jonathan got to see what dinner with our family looks like-probably very different than what their dinners look like.  I was hoping Miles and Bennett would behave but that was not the case and they were not happy to be at the dinner table.  So we eventually let them down so we could have some normal conversation and not have to talk over the crying.  I gave in and gave them cups of chips which I paid for later with all that I had to clean up.  But it did buy us some time and we did get to talk for a bit.  After dinner we enjoyed some dessert and then it was time for them to head home because Jonathan had a test he had to study for.  Again, we hate to see them go but wish them the best.  And after they left, Andrew took the kids outside while I finished cleaning up everything.
 
Andrew got a bike ride in Sunday morning and then it was off to church, grocery shopping and the kids were able to get a bit of swimming in before the rain came.  Oh, but I almost forgot to mention that Lincoln woke the twins up early that morning so I made him keep them upstairs while I finished up some cleaning stuff I wanted to do on the main floor before church.  I guess he thought he would help me out and decided to take off their diapers, one of which was poopy, and he brought them to me.  Thankfully I think we were able to avoid a huge mess.  I looked around for poop stains and didn't see anything, but I think I will still schedule a carpet cleaning soon.  So here is where I insert a picture of them with Jackson's toy that he named Cheeto.  At first they were scared of it but have since grown fond of him.
 
We hung out at my parents while it was raining and I helped my mom put some stuff on swap shop.  We waited until Lissy got home from her shoot so we could tell her goodbye and then we headed home.  All the kids were playing outside when we got home, so we joined them.  But Miles and Bennett didn't last long.  They hadn't had naps and were super cranky.  I know no one likes to listen to that, so I went ahead and took them inside to take a bath.  Since we weren't out as late, I actually got to bed at a decent time which was nice.  And I think Andrew just had to go into the twins room once, so that is getting better.  But Monday came early.  Andrew and Jackson headed out to the ranch a little after five and I ended up waking up around the same time.  So I went ahead and ran on the treadmill and then got everyone else up and ready to leave since we had to get Ellie to school by 8.  I started taking stuff down in the twins room in hopes of clearing it out and getting it painted.  I kind of want to hold onto it but also just want to go ahead and get it done.  At the last minute I decided it would be nice to take the older three to see Malicifent since it was an overcast day.  I was hoping Molly could watch the twins but she was at work so I decided to see if Addi would want to do it.  The twins would be napping, so it wasn't going to be too bad.  I checked with Tiffany and she said Addi would be so excited to do it.  So I got the twins down, Addi came over and we headed out.  Jackson wasn't too excited about seeing it because he wanted to see How to Train Your Dragon 2 but he ended up liking it.  It was a good movie and I'm glad we finally got the chance to go see it.  I was surprised to see that the twins were up when we got home.  They have been up for about 45 minutes, but Addi was just playing with their trains with them and she said it had been fine.  So it all turned out pretty well.  Jackson got just a little bit of down time and then he had to get ready for his game which was at 5:15.  The early ones always throw me for a loop because I never know what to do about dinner.  Andrew was in and out of the house just long enough to change into shorts and then he took Jackson to warm up.  I loaded up the kids, ran a package by UPS and then we headed to the game.  As I was putting Bennett in his car seat, Miles was messing with something up front.  Well once I got in my seat, I noticed the DVD player making noises so I ejected the DVD and saw a quarter sitting on it (from my Aldi quarters I keep up front) and it fell in when I pulled the DVD out.  The player continued to make noises at random times as the quarter moved around.  So I called the dealership as we were heading to the ball game and the earliest they could get me in is Thursday.  I am afraid the player will be damaged by then, but I guess we will see. 
 
But we made it to the game.  Miles and Bennett were being a bit ornery and kept wanting to take off.  There was also a lady that decided to set up right behind us to take some pictures of her son's team but eventually moved after Miles and Bennett kept running in front of her camera.  Oh well... It wasn't the best game for Jackson's team.  It was tied for a couple innings but then a couple of fielding errors put the other team on top for good.  Plus I had the pleasure of changing two nasty diapers on the seat of our car.  I'm not sure what is up with the twins but those were probably the fifth and sixth poopy diapers I had changed that day.  So after the game we just headed home and Andrew is outside with the kids while I finish this up.  We finish up ball and Ellie's class this week but then it will be time for vacation and kamp.  This summer will be done before we know it. :-(

No comments: