Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Lots of Mud

With all the new construction going on around here we also have a lot of mud.  Just when it dries up, it rains again and the kids have a fresh supply of mud to play with.  We had a few dry days at the beginning of last week which was nice.  Tuesday was a really nice day so after the twins and I ran some errands in the morning, we went on a walk.  There was a pretty strong wind and it got kind of tough pushing them against the wind.  I had worked up a good sweat by the time we were done.  Lincoln played outside the rest of the day and I kept meaning to get out there but kept finding stuff to finish up on inside.  I was able to use some new vinyl I got and my Silhouette to make names to go on Jackson and Ellie's batting helmets.  I had also ordered a new battery for Lincoln's tractor and got that installed.  It was an off-brand that had to be installed in the harness that the old battery was in.  It actually went pretty smoothly and Lincoln was quickly off on the tractor.  But then I noticed him trying to push it and getting frustrated.  The battery connections were kind of loose so I just wrapped them in some electrical tape and it was all good.  He rode it through the the LaBeths very bumpy backyard with nothing coming undone.  He did get stuck in some deep ruts but was running again after we pushed him out.  Jackson and Ellie were quick to get outside after they got home from school.  Jackson did get his homework done first though.  Ellie and her friends have what they call the "Girly Fun Club".  It basically consists of her, Gracie, and Faith.  No boys are allowed.  They spend a lot of time on the LaBeth's flipped-over swingset just talking. 

Tuesday after dinner, Andrew was really wanting me to try riding the bike outside a bit.  He got it all ready for me while I worked on cleaning up dinner.  He told me he would finish up cleaning while I went for a ride.  I was actually kind of nervous about it since I wasn't really comfortable with shifting.  I just went throughout our neighborhood and it went well except for one hill.  I decided to go down one of the streets that goes down towards the lake and has a steeper hill.  On my way up I ended up shifting the wrong way and came to a complete stop and couldn't really get going again since I didn't want to shift unless I was actually moving.  So I just pushed myself along until I got to the top to start again. 

Wednesday was spent partly getting ready for small group.  After lunch, Leah called to ask if Lincoln wanted to come down to their new house and play on the dirt pile with Alex.  A little later they all came over to get Lincoln's back hoe and took it back over to the dirt pile.  A little while after that I see Lincoln heading down the wrong street on his back hoe so I had to run out to get him to come back.  The twins were down for a nap so I ended up staying out for a bit and visiting with Tiffany and Leah.  I also got to see Leah's house so far.  I haven't seen it since it was just framed and it is going to be a beautiful house.  After a bit, I brought Lincoln in so I could finish getting stuff down around the house and he fell asleep on the couch.  Then we had to pick up the kids from WAC and take Jackson to baseball.  I had ordered Papa Johns to be delivered at 5:15 and it didn't show up until 5:35 which put me a little off-schedule.  So we ate quickly, did the twins' baths, cleaned up from dinner, started the coffee and got done about the time our new pastor came to the door.  He wanted to join our group for the evening and meet those of us who hadn't met him before.  It ended up being one of the most distracting groups though.  Several people had phone calls.  Lissy called my cell phone and I didn't answer so she called the house phone.  I thought it might be urgent so I answered it and she was just wanting to tell me about some shoes she found for the twins at Payless.  Then the kids were playing outside and would keep coming up to the window or try to come in.  We finally had to close the curtains-I felt bad about it though.  And then we had someone come to the door looking for a lost child.  It was actually a girl who moved into Leah's old house and they had seen a lot of kids playing down here and were just checking to see if the boy had joined in on the fun.  He wasn't with our kids but they did end up finding him.  We finally made it through our discussion and by the end of night it was amazing how much the weather had changed.  The temperature dropped thirty degrees during group! 

So it was cold Thursday morning but the twins and I still needed to get to the stores.  That afternoon Lissy came over and we worked on beach bags for all the nieces and nephews.  Lissy did freezer paper stencil painting on the bags and I applied vinyl names to water bottles.  We also put a little fan and goggles in each bag. 
Alex came over to play for awhile too while Leah worked on her house.  They played outside for a little bit but it was too cold.  So they played inside and then Lissy turned on The Brave Little Toaster for them and they actually watched it.  Well, actually, Alex fell asleep.  Kate even came over after school and she watched it too. 
Later that afternoon we picked up Jackson and Ellie from the last Little K of the year and then went to my parents for dinner.  Friday was another dreary day.  I decided to add some designs to the water bottles.  Some of the boys got sand castles, sharks, or pirate octopus while the girls got things like flip flops, beach ball, or a sun umbrella.  They were kind of hard to apply to the bottles though because the bottles curved inward.  Jackson ended up having a sleep over at Zach's so I rent Wreck-It Ralph for Ellie and Lincoln to watch while I worked on some Mother's Day gifts. 

Saturday morning Andrew and Lincoln headed to the ranch.  I got Ellie ready for dance pictures and dropped the twins off at my parents.  We were at dance pictures most of the morning.  I used our new curling wand for Ellie's hair and she just looked so grown up in her jazz costume.  Made me kind of sad.
We ran to Aldi for a real quick shopping trip, dropped the stuff off at home, Ellie got changed, and then I dropped her off at the K-Life house for Little K play day.  Joe dropped Jackson off for me.  Then I ran by my parents, ate a little lunch, and picked up the twins.  We had just a little time before we had to pick up Jackson and Ellie so we ran by FKS Training to drop off Ellie's registration form for cheer camp and cheer class this summer.  She is very excited about it.  Then we picked up Ellie and Jackson and headed home.  The twins went down for a nap while I finished up the water bottles and Mother's Day presents.  Ellie painted most of the afternoon and Lincoln played outside with his back hoe.  Jackson spent some time organizing all of his Pokemon cards. Andrew cleaned out his truck which is always a chore.  And then he went on his first long bike ride since last fall.  He went out to the lake and back and thinks he went a little over 20 miles.  Then it was off to the office.  After the twins woke up, the kids and I headed to my parents for dinner.

Sometime during the middle of the night Ellie came down to inform me she had thrown up.  She said she was going to the bathroom and ended up throwing up on the bath rug.  She put a towel on top of it so I just let it be for the night.  She put a towel over her pillow and went back to sleep.  She seemed perfectly okay in the morning but I knew we shouldn't probably go to church.  So I watched the service online and Andrew worked at the office.  We were having my parents over for dinner to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom a little early.  They are taking Molly to Disney World for her 21st birthday so they will be out of town for Mother's Day.  So I spent some time getting things ready for that.  Later that afternoon Alex brought over a little turtle he had found and decided to keep as a pet.  All the kids thought it would be fun to watch it swim in the little mud puddles throughout the LaBeth's "dirt yard".  Before you know it most of the kids ended up in the mud.  Their boots were covered and they got mud all over the LaBeth's sidewalk.  At one point, Addi went in to try to get the turtle and she sunk and stepped out of one of her boots in the mud.  Zach tried to go in to get it and sent it even further down into the mud.  He finally got her boot out but both of his boots were stuck in the mud and he was covered in mud.  He used our hose on the side of the house to clean off and then the others kids started turning it on and spraying each other.  Lincoln also got his tractor in the mud and it was and still is covered.  After a bit it was time to call it quits and bring everyone inside to clean up for dinner.  The LaBeth's had pictures with Lissy so that had to get cleaned up too.

Just as my parents got here for dinner my dad had to leave because one of his OB patients was complete.  We went ahead with dinner though with my mom and MOlly and he was able to make it a couple hours later.  Lissy also came by after she was done with her photo shoots.  Miles and Bennett decided it was time for seconds when my dad tried to eat his dinner.
Monday was another beautiful day.  An old friend from high school, Lisa Phipps (now Stevens), and her three kids came over in the morning for a play date.  She and her family moved back here a while ago and once I found out we have been trying to get together.  It was a nice morning visiting and the kids had a fun time playing with each other.  Then it was time to get lunch ready, get dinner in the crockpot and work on laundry.  Just as Lincoln was finishing up lunch, Ty was at the door wanting to play and they spent all afternoon outside.  We had to take Ellie to dance and pick up Jackson at swim practice though and he wasn't really excited about leaving his friends.  We got home and I finished up dinner so the twins, Jackson, Lincoln, and I could eat.  I got Ellie's dinner prepared in the tuppeware dish for her.  Andrew brought her home from dance, she got changed, and then we headed off to ball practice.  I ended up just taking her to practice and then running to Home Depot to get some flowers and soil for potting.  I haven't potted flowers in a couple years so it will be nice to see the color again.  Speaking of planting, Ellie brought home her own planting project from school.  It reminds me of Wilson from Castaway.  Ellie has decided to name it Elizabeth and enjoys cutting her "hair".
And a few more notes.  I totally missed it but I guess a cop followed Andrew to our house the other day.  She was parked out in front of our house for a little bit and I never saw it.  She said she didn't have her radar on but she knew he was going to fast through the neighborhood.   And then I have a funny video of Miles and Bennett wrestling and tackling each other over a pacifier.  They grab each other by the shoulders from behind and pull the other to the ground.  Miles had Bennett in a head lock one time.  And then other times they are rolling around with each other giggling.  They provide some decent entertainment :-)
 
And Happy Birthday wishes to Bella and Brady and Colton and Carolina.  They celebrated their birthdays on Saturday and Sunday.

No comments: