That Wednesday was Andrew’s 35th birthday! He got to celebrate by hosting a barbecue for our small group. But earlier in the day, Ellie, Lincoln and I took Andrew out to La Fuente for a birthday lunch and Ellie was so excited to tell our waiter that it was her Dad’s birthday. She said something to him, but I don’t think he heard. Andrew heard though and bribed her with a toy from the quarter machine if she didn’t say anything. He won. After school, Jackson went to the kids’ program at church and I picked him up a little later while Andrew was starting the grilling. Jackson was so sweet. Once he got in the car he quickly ran up to my seat to open my door for me and made sure he got all the doors closed because he knew I needed some help since I had two babies in my belly. And I told him that I was very thankful that he was helping me out because I have been getting tired easily. And he thought that was probably why I wasn’t doing the 30 Day Shred workout video anymore. I asked him if he would watch the babies after they were born and I wanted to do the video again. He agreed to help feed them, clean up their spit up and hold them but not change their diapers.
So on to the barbecue. It ended up being kind of chilly and windy but we tried to keep it outside. We had a fire going in the firepit for hot dogs and s’mores. And then Andrew grilled up some steaks and hamburgers. I didn’t get a picture of all the kids playing, but it got kind of crazy. I think they had a good time though. Andrew enjoyed his leftover steak the next day and so did Ellie and Lincoln. I was getting ready to make their peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but they climbed up to the table and were begging Andrew for bites of his lunch.
On Friday, we headed to Macon after we picked up Jackson from school and picked out some trees at the nursery to be planted and it was just perfect timing to head to AJ’s for a early dinner. It was great. And then we went to drive through Andrew’s pasture and check his cows. He tried going slow, but my belly was pretty sore by the end of it. Then Friday night we did the big switch with Lincoln. He moved upstairs to the bunkbeds with Jackson. It wasn’t the best night but he did finally end up sleeping in the bed. He wasn’t happy about it at all and cried and got out a few times. Andrew told me to go on to bed and he would take care of it. Jackson was a trooper through the whole thing. I was awaken around 2:30 in the morning with, “Hi Mommy. Hi Mommy.” Lincoln was very excited to be down in my room . I had to take him back upstairs a couple of times, but then he stayed. One time I had to lay down on the floor and reach under the bed to the other side and retrieve Tadbit. It was kind of hard to do with my big pregnant belly. He has been doing better since the first night. He doesn’t get as much sleep overall and it sometimes show, but hopefully it will even out.
And then we got up the next morning and headed to soccer games. After the games, Jackson, Ellie and I went with my parents to Red Barn, while Andrew took Lincoln home to nap. Then on Sunday, I spent most of the day after church getting ready for a meal we did for the K-Life leaders at the K-Life house. We did it along with another board family and we ended up having 40-50 K-Life volunteers at the meal. It is awesome that K-Life has that many volunteers from Truman. After doing the meal, we headed over to my parents to meet up with my friend Laura and her girls. Laura was one of the first K-Life volunteers back when I was a senior in high school and we became friends through college. My parents became like a second family to her when she was in Kirksville. We hadn’t seen her since a quick visit at the Columbia mall back when Ellie and her daughter, Elizabeth, were just babies. She now has two girls and a boy and it was so nice to get to meet them and hang out with all of them. Ellie loved having the girls there to play with. They had a such a great time. She got to hang out with them in between school and her activities, which included a dentist appointment. She still loves going to the dentist and is very talkative with all of them there. And thankfully, I think she still has Andrew’s teeth and she didn’t have any cavities again.
Thursday ended up being a busy day for us. Both kids had school pictures and of course I didn’t get Jackson a hair appointment in time, so he was a looking a little shaggy for picture day. After school it was quick homework and practice spelling test, then off to Little K. Andrew picked up some McDonalds and the kids, brought Jackson home so we could head off to the Mother Son Stampede, while he took Ellie and Lincoln to Ellie’s soccer practice. We went to the Mother Son Stampede with Leah, Zach, Angie and Isaac. Being around all those boys, makes me pretty nervous to have two more boys. They are so much rowdier than all my sisters I grew up with but they love it. Jackson enjoyed sliding down the hill with straw on it, making s’mores, having target practice, and of course wrestling around with the boys. 



Then on Friday, we spent most of the day at my parents because Sara and Ryan and their kids were in town. We took the kids to the high school Homecoming parade and they loved it because they hit the jackpot with the candy since we were at the beginning of the parade route.


Ellie had a soccer game Saturday morning and then we headed out with my parents to Kansas City for Andy’s 30th birthday party. I had to miss Jackson’s soccer game because it wasn’t until 12. I hated to miss it and he was a little sad I couldn’t be there. I heard that he and Zach had some good plays though. And Andrew and Jackson had a pretty good time together that of course included lunch both days at La Fuente and a little campout at the ranch. I guess they wound up coming back in town to sleep though.


All of my siblings were able to make it back for Andy’s party, so it was great to see everyone. Autumn did a great job with the party and Andy was pretty excited about it. And of course the kids had a great time together. On Sunday we headed to an Apple Cider Festival for a little bit and then we headed back to Kirksville to start another fun week.






And here are a couple more pictures of the move. Lissy took some pictures of Lincoln for me to put up in his room. I had to replace a couple of Jackson’s pictures, which was kind of sad. But Lincoln’s pictures turned out really cute. 
And I had to take a picture of the closets. Jackson’s room with two sets of boys clothes in it and the nursery that now has baby clothes it.


All of my siblings were able to make it back for Andy’s party, so it was great to see everyone. Autumn did a great job with the party and Andy was pretty excited about it. And of course the kids had a great time together. On Sunday we headed to an Apple Cider Festival for a little bit and then we headed back to Kirksville to start another fun week.
No comments:
Post a Comment