Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Lincoln!!!

We started off this past week celebrating a special red head's birthday. In the morning we went to the store to pick up some balloons and his cupcakes and he was very excited. I had to hide the cupcakes in our storage area so he wouldn't bother them. I did some of the decorating the night before so he could wake up to it. Not that he noticed too much though. He was excited to see some of the tractor decorations though. We had some of our family over for dinner and a little party that night. Lincoln loved all of his presents but wasn't too concerned over who opened them.
After dinner, presents and cupcakes we gave Lincoln his big surprise-his own John Deere tractor. He loves it and is always excited to get a chance to get outside and ride it. Too bad it has been so hot lately though. I guess it gives us a chance to charge the battery. Amanda and her crew headed back to Dallas on Tuesday so we spent most of the rest of the week hanging out around our house. Lincoln had his 2 year appointment with my dad on Wednesday. He is a whopping 23lbs, which puts him the 10th percentile. I didn't get his height, but he did move up to the 25th percentile. He's a beast :-). He got his last shot until he heads to kindergarten. He cried at first but immediately stopped when he got his sucker. Then Andrew and I got a little break Friday night. Our church had a Parents' Night Out where they had childcare at the church for the kids. We went out to eat at AJ's with Joe and Leah and had a great night. On Saturday, Andrew took the kids out to the ranch in the morning. So I spent the morning running a few errands and also got Ellie signed up for dance. In the afternoon we watched some swimming. I was excited to see that it was on tv that I even recorded it so we can watch it again later. That night I took Jackson and Ellie to see "Hook"at the amphitheater. My parents came too. It ended up being a late night (we didn't get home until close to 11) and Ellie fell asleep on my dad.
On Sunday we went to church and did a little swimming later that afternoon. Then that night we went to the Aquatic center for our church's VBS Kickoff Party. Lincoln was confused when we put his swim trunks on him at my parents and then had him get in the car instead of going swimming at their pool. But he had a lot of fun at the other pool. I was so tired when we got home. I am definitely feeling better, but one of the biggest things is that I tire pretty quickly. But we were up and at them again this morning and spent several hours at the church helping decorate for VBS tonight. The kids had a great time running and playing around the church. Tomorrow Ellie and I are going to have her special day that includes a hair cut, pedicure, lunch and shopping for school supplies. I also have an OB appointment that she gets to go to and hopefully get to see the babies if they do an ultrasound. I am anxious to see them again, so I hope they do do one.

No comments: