Sunday, July 24, 2011

Second Trimester=Still Slacking with Blogging

So I am now into my second trimester and should start feeling better. I think it is finally starting to happen. It is good to at least not be nauseous all day. I still feel a little sick and still pretty tired, but it is getting better so I am hopeful. And I think this heat we have been having lately has not helped. Before it got too hot, we got Ellie's last two tee ball games in. She had fun playing this year and is excited to play again next year. Last Wednesday night we went out to eat at AJ's with our small group. The food and the company were wonderful. It was great to get to spend an evening with all of them and catch up since we haven't been meeting during the summer. Then Thursday night Jackson got to skip Ellie's game and go to a movie night at the church. On Friday I got to help Lissy with a photo shoot out at my cousin's house. Lori Ann's son Kyle and his family had pictures taken and they were very sweet. I was pretty worn out by the time we headed home though. The weekend was of course spent doing a little swimming and Ellie can now swim by herself. She does most of her swimming under water, so now we need to start working on strokes. She loves being able to swim with Jackson and jump into the deep end. Jackson is really doing great with his swimming and diving and has asked to join the swim team. I would love for him too but he may have to wait a little bit. And Lincoln just floats around in his puddle jumper. He can kind of kick himself around a little bit while he is in it which is a great way to start learning to swim.


On Monday, Sara and her crew came into town. Ryan was in St. Louis for the week for work, so they got to hang out with us. And then things got even crazier on Wednesday when Amanda and her kids, along with Briley, and Kaitlin and Owen came into town too. Amanda ended up having car trouble in Kansas City and had to get a rental and my mom also had to drive to KC and help her bring back stuff she couldn't fit in her rental. On Thursday we decided to have a last-minute get together at my parent's pool. I think there were 23 kids all together, but they weren't all out there at the same time. At one time there were maybe 18 kids in the pool but it ended up all going pretty smoothly. With the weather being so hot, we found out the swimming in the morning was really nice. So they all came over in the morning and we ordered some pizza for lunch for those that were still there and then it was time for naps.Jackson found a great way to relax after the pool cleared out a bit.After the pool party and a few quick naps, we took the kids to see Winnie the Pooh. It was a really sweet movie. Lincoln was actually good for the first part of it, but then he started getting restless, but we made it. We tried to take a picture of all the kids out front and this is the best I got. Jackson was being uncooperative, Bella had fallen asleep during the movie and wasn't happy and Brady was on the move. Pretty funny.Jackson got to go to a sleep over that night for his friend, Tony's, birthday. He had a grea time. Friday morning we all ventured to the Bridal Shoppe for a quick viewing of Caroline's dress. It was a pretty quick in-and-out but she got to show off the dress to more of her sisters and it is so pretty on her. She will be a beautiful bride. I, on the other hand, now have two bridesmaid dresses. A friend of ours wore the same dress in a wedding several months ago and she is going to let me have it so that hopefully we can come up with some sort of custom dress that will work for me. It will all have to be done last minute since we don't know if the babies will come before or after the wedding. Oh the fun :-)
On Saturday I got to help out at our church's food pantry. It was the first time it has been open and they will have it the last Saturday of every month. There was a decent turnout and I hope that it keeps growing and it can reach many people. The rest of our weekend was more time at the pool and just hanging out with everyone. And now it is time to get ready for the little red head's 2nd birthday tomorrow. We are having a tractor party because he is kind of obsessed with tractors right now. Should be fun.

1 comment:

The Hoags said...

Hi Allison! I am excited to see the pictures of Lincoln's tractor party...my boys want a tractor cake and I am still trying to figure out how to do it! I bought a tractor cake pan but apparently that is a "mower" and not a "real tractor", so I have to think of something else! I'm sure you have all kinds of ideas I can borrow...:)

Hope you get feeling better...can't imagine carrying twins with 3 kiddos at home. You are a trooper!