I think the kids played hard today. It is a little after nine and I think they are all already asleep. They usually go to bed around 9, but are still awake in their beds for a little while. Not tonight-they are out.
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Dancing, Sunshine and a Holiday
We had a fun week this past week. On Tuesday I got to go with some friends to the new Pear Tree restaurant in Macon, AJ's. It reminded me of Bogies and was yummy. We may be going there again on Friday with some couples from our small group. Granny B also celebrated her 90th birthday on Tuesday, so Andrew and the kids gave her a call while I was gone. I think she was pretty happy to hear from them. Then on Thursday, we started our St. Patrick's Day celebration early. I had to get the kids up earlier than usual so they could see what the silly leprechauns had done to our family room. The kids found the furniture messed up and the floor covered with green coins, green foil-covered chocolates, green suckers, and some St. Patrick's day necklaces. It was easier to get Ellie up St. Patrick's day than it was for Christmas morning.
We got this pic before we headed out for school.
My parents are in Dallas helping Amanda and Todd move into their new house, so Caroline and Molly came over to celebrate with us. We made our green pancake dinner and then headed outside to play. Ellie was in charge of Hullabaloo for Caroline and Molly.
Lincoln was very happy he finally got his lawnmower into his car. He worked very hard on this. This kid loves being outside and gets pretty mad at us when we take him in.
Jackson is learning some new tricks on his bike and he wanted me to get a picture of him doing a donut (or half donut :-)).
My parents sent over some green M&Ms for the kids so Ellie put a few in a bowl and I told her she had to stay in the kitchen to eat them. So she sat down on the floor so she could still see Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Of course Lincoln had to mimic her-except he still isn't too interested in the TV. The one time I did notice him paying attention this week was the other morning when I was on the elliptical machine and I was watching the movie "Elizabeth". There was a part where some girls were practicing a dance and a guy rode up on a horse and they all started giggling. Lincoln had parked himself in this little rocking chair in front of the TV and was laughing along with them.
Friday was a big day for Miss Ellie. It was her first Daddy Daughter Dance. She was so excited. She even declared it a Daddy Daughter Day and went to the office with Andrew after lunch. He wasn't getting much work done so he brought her back a couple hours later, but they did stop by Hy-Vee and pick up her corsage for the dance. We decided the day before to have a little dinner for some of the dads and daughters, so I gathered up some stuff and decorated the dining room for them.
Ellie had all sorts of help getting ready. Lissy did her hair and Molly did her makeup (Caroline was watching Lincoln). Thanks so much you guys for your help. Ellie did get a little whiny because she wanted to do her own makeup. Thankfully they convinced her that wasn't a good idea.
Brad and Lauren showed up first so Ellie and Lauren headed outside to play while we were finishing dinner. Don't you love the boots!
Joe and Kate showed up a little later along with Leah who helped with some food for the dinner. We served them their meal and they enjoyed a little dinner together.
After dinner, it was time for pictures and then on to the dance. They were all so cute.





We had some great weather the past few days. Today we took full advantage and Andrew power washed the garage-it is great. I played with Lincoln while he was working. Lincoln insisted on wearing his hat. I think he is pretty darn cute. He would go from his mower, to the big squeegee we use to clean out the garage, to the rake.
After Andrew got done with the garage, I thought it would be a good time to teach Ellie how to ride her bike without training wheels. They were loose anyways, so Andrew easily took them off and Ellie was very excited to try. Andrew gave her one push and she was off. She did such a good job. She is still getting the hang of starting and stopping, but she loves it. Her bike is already too small for but we think we may make her wait until her birthday to get a new one.

I think the kids played hard today. It is a little after nine and I think they are all already asleep. They usually go to bed around 9, but are still awake in their beds for a little while. Not tonight-they are out.
I think the kids played hard today. It is a little after nine and I think they are all already asleep. They usually go to bed around 9, but are still awake in their beds for a little while. Not tonight-they are out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment