It has been a couple of weeks since I posted and I can't even really tell you why except that I have had a yucky cold for the past couple of weeks and am finally starting to feel better. My mom had it also and we were both talking about how we had a hard time really thinking about and concentrating on things that it was even hard to think about what we were getting people for Christmas. So trying I am having a hard time trying to remember what has gone on the past couple of weeks. I'll start with Ellie's watch day at dance class. We usually just set out in the hallway and don't get to see what they do. So this day Andrew even came by and we got to watch the whole class. It was fun to watch her even if she wasn't the best at paying attention. She sure looked cute.


This is when her Dad showed up.

The next night Andrew and I went to a fundraising banquet for Lifeline Pregnancy Center. My parents and some friends joined us and it was a really nice evening. The center has really grown and it is really neat to see all that they are doing in the community. They even have an ultrasound machine now which I think is very helpful. The rest of our week wasn't too busy. Andrew and I were going to go out of town on Saturday but I wasn't feeling well so we ended up staying in town and just went out to eat on Saturday. We ate at the new Mongolian restaurant in town and some friends were out for a date that night too, so we just joined up with them and had a fun getting to hang out with them. We then ended our date night with a little grocery shopping at Wal-Mart...so romantic.
We had some nice weather this past week and got to spend some time outside. I also put up our Christmas lights outside and brought in all the patio furniture. Then it turned cold so I'm glad I got it done while it was still kind of nice out. The kids have spent a lot of time looking at toy catalogs trying to decide what they want for Christmas. This is how I found Ellie the other afternoon...passed out on the couch with one of the catalogs.

Ellie is a little emotional and is pretty dramatic when she cries. She wakes up a lot of mornings crying about something hurting (she is not a morning person) including her eyeballs, her cheeks and her elbows. It is pretty funny after-the-fact but not when we are needing to get out of the door to school. This is a picture from the other day when she got in trouble for hitting Lincoln. She had to sit in time-out. Lincoln quickly recovered and decided to come sit by her. I thought it was pretty funny.

Beyond Ellie's emotional moments she is very sweet and she loves to sing songs she learns at school or hears on the radio. She is a girly girl that loves her makeup and pink but she also loves to wrestle around with her dad and brothers. She also thought she would like to go deer hunting with them. Andrew truly loves his kids because he is very excited to take them out with him on opening day. The night before they make a special trip to the store for snacks and Jackson is now in charge of carrying the snack back pack. Here they are heading out at about 5am. I tried to put a orange bow in Ellie's hair but Andrew thought the orange hat would be better.

I got a call from them around 7:45 with them telling me their toes were frozen and they were done for the morning. I headed out to pick up Jackson because he had a birthday party that afternoon but Ellie stayed out at Granny and Papa's to play with Lauren and their new makeup. For now she has decided that she doesn't want to go deer hunting again but we'll see what she says next year. But Andrew went back out yesterday and again today. He got in town this afternoon in time to go to our first K-Life board meeting at 2 and we got back from that around 3:30 and he headed back out. He says he only gets to deer hunt maybe 4 days a year so he tries to get the most out of them.
Jackson has asked me several times in the past week if he could use my workout dvd. He found it downstairs last night and started doing it. Then I was getting ready this morning and heard him running around. I stepped out into the living room expecting him to be out there watching cartoons but no one was there. I heard the tv on downstairs and came down to find this...

He was doing my Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred video. He said he did all three levels. As you can see, he even used my hand weights. I love that Ellie is sitting there in her pjs just watching him. There has even been times when I was doing the elliptical machine and Jackson would have me count laps for him. His "lap" was running all around the house-all levels. Jackson and I had another cute conversation about adoption. Our friends, Tisha and Jeff, and hoping to adopt a baby soon and Jackson thought that only older kids were adopted. So we talked about that a little bit and how some moms aren't able to have their own babies. Somehow he remembered that Amanda had trouble getting pregnant and asked if Carson was adopted. I told him that he wasn't and that Amanda took a special medicine that helped her have babies. Then he asked if she took too much medicine last time since she had twins :)
So now we are on to the next week. Our November hasn't been as busy as September and October which is nice. It is still hard to believe that it is almost Thanksgiving though.
No comments:
Post a Comment